• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After 2 Years, I Finally Got Some Child Support

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:53 AM
  • 67 Replies

A whole 5 dollars!! Whatever shall I buy? LOL

I'm just glad the amount it was set at (450/month) builds up even if my ex doesn't pay it. He will owe my child lots of money when he gets out of prison. I don't feel sorry for him. He made poor choices in his life and now he is paying for it and will continue to pay for it for the rest of his life.

*Trying to think of what I can buy for 5 bucks lol*

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
feliciouss626
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:55 AM

BUMP!!

tashanastasia
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:56 AM

how in the world are you suppose to be getting that much??? mine was set for $187 a month and I don't get that believe me!

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on May. 21, 2011 at 10:57 AM

My ex worked for the water department before he went to prison. He had 2 kids before me, but it was agreed he would only pay CS for one of them. Mine was set at more than his ex wife's. He made like 50-60 grand a year. I also did not have an income when it was set, and now that I do have an income they are not going to take it into consideration since he is in prison.

AngeLnChainZ
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:57 AM

$187 ?? Seriously?! how are you supposed to help support a child on that amount?

As for the $5 you got i'd frame the damn thing LMAO

Quoting tashanastasia:

how in the world are you suppose to be getting that much??? mine was set for $187 a month and I don't get that believe me!

mtfarms
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Put it in a savings account.  :-)

KamiB79
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:58 AM
I just found out that I'll be getting NY ed's tax return! He was about to be thrown in jail do I guess he decided he should pay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BananaMuffins
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I would put it into a savings account for your child.

mes_deux_amours
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:59 AM
I hope your son gets it one day.

Don't spend the $5 all in one place!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on May. 21, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I know my ex filed in 2009 but CS didn't touch it. I think he may have owed because he cashed out his 401K and only worked less than half the year.

Quoting KamiB79:

I just found out that I'll be getting NY ed's tax return! He was about to be thrown in jail do I guess he decided he should pay!

hotmami2ajae
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:01 AM
My sons father only has to pay $25 a month but doesnt of course he argues with the jugde saying how am i supposed to pay that. My son is 3 i doubt ill ever see that child support it will just build up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)