Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you guys know there are two "types" of christians? One doesn't even BELIEVE in the rapture....

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:52 AM
  • 22 Replies

Christians get the word of Jesus from the bible, and the apostles to be more exact...

depending on which apostle they put more faith in is what decides what they think about what is "supposed to happen"

Some christians Believe that John wrote revelations (even though it goes against everything he preached, used different vocabulary and sentence structure and was probably written hundreds years after the gospel of john) and that it shows that an end time is going to come...

Others believe that Jesus brought the kingdom of heaven to earth and that whole "end time" thing is never going to happen or already has and we have to work with the earth we were given, and make "heaven as it is on earth"...

Being a christian does not mean you think the world is going to end...

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arianna24
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:55 AM
I. Never. Knew. That! Bump. (And. There's. More. That. 2. Types. Of. Christianity. Just. Saying)

Phones mess. Too. Lazy. To edit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Somewoman.on.cm
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Quoting arianna24:

I. Never. Knew. That! Bump. (And. There's. More. That. 2. Types. Of. Christianity. Just. Saying)

Phones mess. Too. Lazy. To edit

that's true, I should of specified two types when it came to opinions on the rapture

beanielips
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Very interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I don't think catholics believe in the rapture. I grew up catholic and there was nevr any mention of this. My mother is a very religious catholic and her twin suster teachers at a catholic school....and neither have ever believed there will ever be a rapture.

jazzy020106
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:10 PM

This is VERY interesting!

Chaotic_Rayne
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I really love how Christians pick and choose what they want to believe.....

tdoubleday04
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:16 PM

What is this rapture everyone is talking about?  Judgement day?  Because God only knows when that will be.  I have made my own interpretations and believe that this is the life between Heaven and Hell.  We are judged here and when we have proved ourselves and are done as God wishes with us He will take us with him, or deem us to hell.  Although I don't think he will send us to hell.  I think that Satan will take those to hell and God those who want to follow him to heaven.  That is just my opinion, not sure of the exact reasoning of my thoughts, just what I believe.

Somewoman.on.cm
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Quoting Chaotic_Rayne:

you don't agree with investigation into original authors of bible books or you don't like how some christians choose not to believe certain interpretations of what Jesus said?

Or you just don't like the fact that there are different theologies within christianity?

christina0607
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Well "christian" covers a wide variety of religions. Why would they all be the same?

Quoting Chaotic_Rayne:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

tdoubleday04
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:20 PM

lol, it isn't like the bible was originally written in English.  Things get lost and changed in interpretations....That is why "Christians" pick and choose lol

Quoting Somewoman.on.cm:

Quoting Chaotic_Rayne:

you don't agree with investigation into original authors of bible books or you don't like how some christians choose not to believe certain interpretations of what Jesus said?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)