Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

History of my out of control son...

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:07 PM
  • 99 Replies

Many of you have questions about my son because several posts have been made and you have caught only bits and pieces.  I had to write a summary of my son's history to the committee that is trying to figure out the best move to get him help.

I added that history to a blog site just in case anyone is interested in reading it.

It is really helping me a lot to tell his story and get it out because it has haunted us for so long.

Maybe someone out there will relate to my story, see early warning signs in their child, or learn from us on ways to find help.

Here is the blog:

Grant's History

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:14 PM

bump

4FAM67860509
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myangels2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Praying he gets the help he needs.......good luck! (((hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aichia
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Poor guy, I hope the judge agrees to place him outside the home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myfoursonsks
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM

They decided to keep him in the home for now, but offered LOTS of support and resources.  I wasn't feeling good about keeping him at home before. But, I am now willing to try it since they are really working hard to provide us what we need to do so.

Quoting Aichia:

Poor guy, I hope the judge agrees to place him outside the home.

ars2art
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Can you get rid of the game system so that he doesnt have that option of playing the games?

myfoursonsks
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Quoting 4FAM67860509:

Bump!

myfoursonsks
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Well, I have decided that wouldn't be fair to the other 7 people in the home that play it.  But, I have it password protected now so that he can't access it.

If he can't access a computer, game system, or internet through a phone, all he does is pretty much sleep. But, when he is up, he is lashing out and abusive to everyone.

Quoting ars2art:

Can you get rid of the game system so that he doesnt have that option of playing the games?

camommy08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:31 PM

thats is soo sad i read your blog. you are a tough mommy!!! some of it it seems like typical teenager stuff wanting to play video games instead of homework chores and what not but the rest is way scary...i hope u can find out what he has and how u can help him grow up to be even happier and what not. good luck momma

myfoursonsks
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Much of it does sound typical, but with most teenagers there is a point that you can reason with them.  They don't start grabbing knives because you asked them to take out the trash. Or, they will go to school and keep at least passing grades knowing that they may lose their cell phone or other privileges. He pretty much has refused to go to school entirely for 2 years now.  There is no way to reason with my son.  It is so frustrating and scary at times.

Quoting camommy08:

thats is soo sad i read your blog. you are a tough mommy!!! some of it it seems like typical teenager stuff wanting to play video games instead of homework chores and what not but the rest is way scary...i hope u can find out what he has and how u can help him grow up to be even happier and what not. good luck momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)