Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rumors at the work place.

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Opinions on work place rumors.

Options:

I think they hold some truth.

I ignore them.

Other. (Explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

Dh has heard from 3 seperate people that he is up for a promotion. We both hate rumors in the work place. He has told the people that have told him that he hasn't heard anything so he will believe it when he sees it happen. We refuse to get our hopes up.

What are your thoughts on rumors like these?

I am a live off the land, hunting, fishing, meat eating, only child raising, republican, cat owning, spanking when necessary, southern country living type of Momma!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jollymommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:26 PM

bump for you. And I think they should be ignored.  It may or may not be true that someone heard he's being considered for a promotion.  But he may not get it.  Or they may not hav heard correctly.  Ya just never know.

Kris_PBG
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM

All depends on the work place... In some places rumors come from the top and are typically accurate - in other places, not so much.

pellen
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:30 PM

He works for a 24 hr. Diesel Repair shop. He works evening shift so he barely even sees the bosses. He was hired at the pay rate of a Mechanic but is working as a lube tech until a spot opens up. Tech 1 ='s commission pay and he starts getting sent to school in Ohio to start getting his full Diesel Mechanic Cert.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

All depends on the work place... In some places rumors come from the top and are typically accurate - in other places, not so much.

I am a live off the land, hunting, fishing, meat eating, only child raising, republican, cat owning, spanking when necessary, southern country living type of Momma!

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on May. 21, 2011 at 1:34 PM

I don't believe roumers until I see it for myself.

There was a roumer my ex boss would sexually harass the women. I have only worked there a couple months and now he got transferred somewhere else but I never believed the roumers. Some people told me the people who were saying he sexually harasses some of the women hate him so they make up stuff about him.

MultiPara
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Expect the worst hope for the best :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)