Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Justified or a whackjob?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:40 PM
  • 53 Replies

I saw this yesterday on one of those 'judge' shows:

Divorced husband and wife have 4 kids together.  H pays $212.00 a month cs (which is $7.06/day). W needs a babysitter for 45 days.  H is unemployed and agrees to watch the kids.  She drops them off and picks them up every day.  H quits paying cs while he's watching them.  Wife files court action against him to pay up.  He sues her for $4,500 which, he states is $100 per day for 45 days for watching the kids.  The judge laughs at him.  He's absolutely serious and thinks he's entitled to this.  His argument is that she is remarried and her current husband (kids stepdad) is unemployed and he could have watched the kids.

What do you think?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Well I think that if he wanted to be paid then he should have drafted a contract. If not then he's SOL.

But, I don't think he is out of line to ask to be paid, nor was she for not offering.

Gorilla_Mama
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Well yes, stepdad could have watched the kids, but then husband probably would have pitched a fit about not being offered to watch them. Whackjob if you ask me. You don't get paid to watch your own kids!! And no you do not get to stop paying child support unless a court says you can. Whackjob!!

3xangel
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM
This

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

Well yes, stepdad could have watched the kids, but then husband probably would have pitched a fit about not being offered to watch them. Whackjob if you ask me. You don't get paid to watch your own kids!! And no you do not get to stop paying child support unless a court says you can. Whackjob!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyTmomof1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM

whackjob!

MikeysMom51108
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Quoting christina0607:

Well I think that if he wanted to be paid then he should have drafted a contract. If not then he's SOL.

But, I don't think he is out of line to ask to be paid, nor was she for not offering.

I think he was totally out of line. Whether they are divorced or not, they're still his kids. I don't pay my husband to watch our kids while I'm at school.

Not to mention, shouldn't he be happy to have extra time with his kids rather than them staying with the stepdad?

kristy0833
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:47 PM

you do not get paid for watching your own kids

TennesseesSuga
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:48 PM

He is a wacko wth its his kids noone should have to pay him to watch them what a dumbass

Mikey
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Quoting LilyTmomof1:

whackjob!

rockinmomto2

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

Quoting christina0607:

I think he was totally out of line. Whether they are divorced or not, they're still his kids. I don't pay my husband to watch our kids while I'm at school.

Not to mention, shouldn't he be happy to have extra time with his kids rather than them staying with the stepdad?

I'm with you. TOTALLY out of line to sue the mom. Dude must be nuts.

christina0607

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

Quoting christina0607:

Ok, I don't think he was. He pays her to care for the kids, if he wanted to draft a document that says he will watch them in leue pf CS, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)