Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I CAN'T LOSE IT!!!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

i don't know what to do.. i go running everyday, i cut out nearly all junk from my diet, bread, anything with sugar (besides fresh fruit), i'm eating small healthy meals throughout the day, i even added black coffee and diet pills (stacker 3 and acai berry) and i can't lose weight! its been 5 weeks now and i'm only down 4 pounds! i have 22 to go! my SO on the other hand can't stop losing! he was 150 pounds and is now down to 135!!! i'm so upset.. he keeps eating and i can't have anything.. i don't know whats wrong with me but i can't stand watching him eat all the good food and me with my stupid fruits and vegetables and he's the one losing!!!! AHHHH!!!! i'm SO freaking tired of being fat!!! I'm working my ass off for nothing!!!! I can't even go to the doctor to see whats wrong with me because I can't afford the damn insurance or another bill!

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!????

toddler boy  baby boy
                                                 Noah Scott    Carrick Allen
                               7-1-07           2-2-11

by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sweetbabymomma
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM
eat lean protein with your fruits and veggies, and LOTS of water.
tuna, and chicken breasts are my favorites.
change your routine every week, and no coffee, it will dehydrate you.
you can use crystal light packs in your water, but drink it mainly plain.
no dressing on salad, use lemon juice.
try substitutING a meal with fruit and nonfat plain yogurt.
also drink a glass of milk right after you work out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:53 PM

stress makes it worse..

ars2art
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:56 PM

no coffee. Work out twice a day TONS of water!

noahscott
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM

thanks guys! i didn't know that about coffee.. other people have told me to drink it because the caffeine will help raise my metabolism.

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Do you know how many calories you are eating a day? If you pm me your age, height, weight and how many days per week you work out and the types of workouts I will calculate your BMR for you and do the math for maintenance and loss calories for you. 

I hit my goal weight almost a year ago by tweaking my diet, counting calories, working out 6 days per week, drinking only water and coffee, and weighing out my food.. I started my journey at 5'1", 167 lbs and a size 12.. I lost 57 lbs and over 50" off my body in 9 months. 

I have never used any fad diets or pills...just diet and exercise. Let me know if you want help...

Also, come check out the Healthy Weight Loss group. It is full of tips and encouragement. 

Claire

candy79556
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:07 PM
i lost 25 pounds by cutting out my sodas and joining a water aerobics class at our hospital did it 3Days a week and on the nights i didnt go i would walk a mile around my home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noahscott
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:22 PM

candy79556 you are very lucky that you can do that.. i run 2 miles every single day and haven't had soda in 4 months and i'm not losing.

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Quoting noahscott:

candy79556 you are very lucky that you can do that.. i run 2 miles every single day and haven't had soda in 4 months and i'm not losing.

If you are ONLY running you need to  more- as in strength training and other workouts. Your body is holding onto fat because it is used to your workouts and is bored. Switch up your workouts. Also, it is necessary to have one day of rest per week. Every time you workout you put tiny tears in your muscles. They need a day to rebuild and restrand in order for you to build muscle and to lose fat. 

Strength training is essential to weight loss. As you build muscle you will burn more fat in cardio workouts. Protein after a workout is also essential. It helps you to recover quicker. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Picky Eaters
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)