Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stop trying to be southern it's annoying

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM
  • 97 Replies
Omg it gets on my nerves when people try to be some one they are not. My in laws God I love them but it gets on my nerves when they try to be southern.
Examples: they say or call
Riding lawnmower- they call it a tractor.
Me a tractor is a hell of a lot bigger than a riding lawn mower.
They use the term down street. When they need to go to town. I have always just said I'm going into town. I have been raised in TN my whole life. To me down street would be going up the road to the gas station.
Let not get me started on my stepsons mother. She was born and raised in Vermont. But she tries to use a fake southern accent which I couldn't even copy its so bad.
My mom thank God she got out of using a phony southern accent years ago because I yelled at her for it. Yes everyone of them are from the north I'm not bashing northerners. But I hate when they try to pretend to be southern. It doesn't fit them at all. OK sorry rant over. I guess my pregnancy hormones are getting to me today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LMJ1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:48 PM
You won't have to worry about me. I DO NOT like the Southern accent. (Grew up in TX)

:-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:50 PM

lol

Aislinn

You do not have to worry about me trying to act southern.. lol

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 21, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I'm born and bred Southern and I love it.

lovinmykiddo07

I hate it when people fake southern accents. When I first moved to WA my Okie accent was strong. Its faded a bit, but when I'm really mad or upset it comes out big time. lol

meagan0716
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM
Don't get me wrong I like the southern accent but the fake ones I can't stand and when people try to fit in and pretend they have been raised in the south are the one that annoy me

Quoting LMJ1:

You won't have to worry about me. I DO NOT like the Southern accent. (Grew up in TX)

:-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ars2art
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM

my mother has the WORST accient ever!!!! She was born and grew up in the south. I was born in the south. After I was born my parents moved to Illinois. There she lived for 15 years. She has a mix of Chicago and southern. Its TERRIBLE

armywife2009101
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM

lol. Im from NC and so is my best friend. When we would go out she would talk with the most hick redneck accent, because she thought guys liked it. So, finally I recorded her and made her listen to how stupid she sounded.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I was born and raised in the South BUT haven't lived there for almost 30 years and I still have the Accent. Some things you just can't change, lol

BB Don't Jock My Shit Siggy

LMJ1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:53 PM
The thing with me is that a lot of times I do not understand it! :-( I would much less try to immitate it.
I do love Southern food!! :-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)