Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to know what you think about this...

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:50 PM
  • 19 Replies

In 2008 me and my daughters father split up for about 8 months. Long story short I found someone ended up getting pregnant when I told the guy I was pregnant they guy told me he would give me the money to go get an abortion. So needless to say that was the end of that. I was just going to have to be a single mom to 2 kids instead of 1 that was fine people do it everyday. The catch is my daughters fathers wanted to work things out even though I was pregnant with someone else's child. He said that he wanted to be able to give the child a father since he didn't have one growing up and he knew how it felt. I have always told him that he was not obligated to my son. Needless to say the day came to give birth and Matt my daughters father was right there.. even asked me to give him his last name and let him sign the birth certificate ( i was in complete shock btw) Now my son is 2 1/2 and he is my sons father/daddy whatever in my eyes. His family has even excepted him. The catch is my son is bi-racial and we are white.

Now to get to my question- I had a friend approach me and ask me if i was going to teach my son his black history seeing that the sperm donor is not in the picture and no body in the family that looks like them... and i said he is 2 what am i supposed to teach him? as he gets older he will learn... SO she watched my kids for me for about a week my father in law needed me in his shop and she was trying to teach my son to say what up dog .. and what u doin G... i was pissed and told her do not teach my son to talk like a hood rat .. and her response too me was i knew you wouldn't teach him his black history because you both are white!!! now mind you she is white but her kids are bi-racial... am i wrong for telling her not to teach my son those things? we don't talk like that and i would rather neither of my kids talk in that manner!!!! I know that one day he is going to realize hey my parents don't look like me but i should not be thinking about this with him being only 2.... right????

One last thing to add... I love my fiance and respect him soo much more because of this....

by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristy0833
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM

idk

skileybug
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:53 PM

BUMP!

P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Ya she dumb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skileybug
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:54 PM

anybody else

candy79556
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:56 PM
teaching him to talk like an idiot is not teaching him black history my children are bi racial and they dont talk like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjsMom0508
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Just because he is bi-racial does not mean he needs to talk in an uneducated manner.  I think your friend is a little confused on what Black History is.

Sandy418
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I have bi-racial kids and they  will not and do not act or talk like that. I refused for them to act in that manner. I do teach them about their history but wearing baggy pants that show your behind and talking like a gangster isn't teaching them about their history.

lilyrose73
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM
I agree!

Quoting candy79556:

teaching him to talk like an idiot is not teaching him black history my children are bi racial and they dont talk like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skileybug
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:01 PM

thank you ladies- i just wanted to make sure i was right in the situation.

shannonw79
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:02 PM
My children are bi~ racial. Their dad and I are married. They are taught a lot about both sides of their heritage. None of my children talk like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)