Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted this on FB too...what's your take?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:35 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hypothetical question, everyone is free to answer this- If you won the lottery, we'll say the jackpot was 15 million. What would you do with the money?

I'd buy a place on a river w/ a pool and 2 really nice cars, a lot land, some 4 wheelers and horses....probably in Tennessee.

I'd invest in a few resturants to keep the cash flow, possibly in the stock market.

I'd put away $100,000 each for my kids college funds.

Buy my close family each a home.

I'd probably still work, and defintely donate to breast cancer awareness, which is the charity I support the most. I would also give some to St. Jude's.

What would you do?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nikki286
by Nicoli on May. 21, 2011 at 5:39 PM

pay taxes.. pay off debt. buy a car and a home with a nice size yard savings for trips and college for my little one take time to focus on school with out having to work tell i graduate.  then invest in stocks and bonds 

mom_of_Haley
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:39 PM
I would buy a house and some land. Get a car put myself thourgh college. And help my parents out. And get a better job. If only i could win. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I'd pay off my student loans, and with the money left over, maybe I'd get something off the dollar menu at Taco Bell.

flmomma4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I forgot all about debt, I certainly would fix that too lol

Yeah the hard part is winning!

flmomma4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Quoting Pnukey:

I'd pay off my student loans, and with the money left over, maybe I'd get something off the dollar menu at Taco Bell.

LOL I take it you a lot?

flmomma4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:46 PM

BUMP!

kaylaird
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Pay off alllll debt. Which isn't much, but IMO no debt is good debt. Donate to the Humane Society and my church. Move my house onto a secluded piece of land. Fence in the entire thing. Maybe buy a new car. Maybe.

And hide the rest away. I wouldn't tell anyone about it either, lol. Not trying to be greedy. But I'd want that money to go to my kids, and the rest to the Humane Society and my church. Too many people are too comfortable asking for money from people with a lot of it, lol.

I'd live in the same lifestyle I do now. Frugal and cheap. I'm happy with my house. So, hopefully by the time I die, much of it won't have been used. I can have some of it put into several trust funds that my kids get at different intervals in their lives, and the rest will be for the grandkids in the same manner. :)

flmomma4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM

We need a like button here!

CMcLaws
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:53 PM
I'd pay off all my debt, buy the house we're renting, buy a new car, put enough money away for college for my girls and me, donate a ton to help find a cure for anencephaly, and put the rest in savings. I may buy a few new clothes also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flmomma4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:54 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)