Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I put noodles in my chili.... how do you eat yours?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:43 PM
  • 35 Replies

Spicy, with meat, without, with rice, with potatoes?

Every region of the country has a specific way they do chili. How do you do it where are you from?

I do noodles in my vegan chili and I am from Louisville, Ky.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenniy
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I make mine a bit spicy, with turkey or chicken, and every now and then I'll add rice or potatoes, most of the time it's beans, meat, and tomatoes.  My ex thought that the ONLY way to make chili was to put elbow noodles in it..... his father had to explain to him that it was one way to do it, seems like me telling him that for 3 years wasn't convincing enough. lol

AjCeCeMom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:46 PM
We make vegan chilli and do it in the crockpot. We don't add noodles but we do serve it over baked potatoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamawhit08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:50 PM
I make mine with ground beef, fairly spicy, we either eat it on hot dogs or I put beans in it and we eat it with crackers.
Elayna90
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:52 PM
ground beef, not too spicy, and it just doesn't taste right without noodles (preferably cheesy noodles)
I'm from Nashvilee TN
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:52 PM
Does chili not normally have beans in it?

Quoting mamawhit08:

I make mine with ground beef, fairly spicy, we either eat it on hot dogs or I put beans in it and we eat it with crackers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peasterpeach
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:54 PM
Beef with beans,tomatoes,realy spicy,served over fritos with cheese & sour cream! Yummmmm! I'm from Texas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by bilf on May. 21, 2011 at 5:54 PM
Ground beef beans brown and red. Nottoo spicy but we put cream cheese and cheader melted in. Portland or.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stitchxx
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:54 PM

We are having chili tonight LOL

We love ours with seasoned turkey, beans and tomatoes the first night....it's really thick and fantastic for eating with crackers.  The second night (leftover), I add some water or broth cook up noodles in it.

mandksmommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:56 PM

i live in ny and we don't add any rice, noodles or, potatoes. chili is basically meat(beef) beans, spices, onions, green peppers, different types of tomatoes ( stewed, diced, crushed etc.) i top my chili with cheddar cheese and sour cream and eat it with ritz crackers.

.betty.white.
by bilf on May. 21, 2011 at 5:56 PM
BTW I have never in my life herd of putting noodles in chili. Something just sounds wrong about that LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)