Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to get my DD for her 1st birthday?!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:48 PM
  • 15 Replies

Im having a hard time finding something. I have tons of hand me down toys and stuff and she wont remember what i get her. but i still want to get her something obviously. And nothing too expensive. ideas?

thanks ladies

*~* Cassie Jean *~*

by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NewJoyOn1308
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I would probably get something educational for her to start playing with. She's too young for a Leap Frog Tag system so maybe an electronic storybook???

imamombygrace
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Hmm...We got Oldest DD a slide and water wheel table for her first birthday. For youngest DD I got her a monogrammed diaper bag, jumper, and robe off of Craigslist....with her name on it. I paid 20.00 for all and they were name brand and in great shape :) The only thing was...I am an Auburn fan and the previous Emma was a Alabama fan..lol...She still got to wear the jumper and my cousin loved it. He's a die hard Alabama fan.

creationary
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM

I wanted to get DS a bike trailer that you pull behind a bike since his birthday is May 23 and he would be able to use it all summer (plus get mom some exercise).  We spent too much on his party though, and DH didn't want to buy it.

imamombygrace
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Quoting NewJoyOn1308:

I would probably get something educational for her to start playing with. She's too young for a Leap Frog Tag system so maybe an electronic storybook???

The tag system would be great. I have 2 free tag books as freebies I have gotten this year. Both came with 5.00 off a tag system. Just google and maybe these freebies are still available. I have heard great things about them. My little one is just not interested in it right now.

mrsnoble2004
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

A box, seriously...my kids loved them more than the stuff in the box.

Super_mom2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

lmao she has a few already that she plays with haha

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

A box, seriously...my kids loved them more than the stuff in the box.

*~* Cassie Jean *~*

Super_mom2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

i should look into that! oh wait i dont have a bike.... the whole shebang would be tooo much lol

Quoting creationary:

I wanted to get DS a bike trailer that you pull behind a bike since his birthday is May 23 and he would be able to use it all summer (plus get mom some exercise).  We spent too much on his party though, and DH didn't want to buy it.

*~* Cassie Jean *~*

Honeybun09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Here are some ideas!!

Mega blocks, push and pull toy, sorting toy, climbing gym, ball, washable crayons, ride-on vehicle, toy kitchen, picture books

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 21, 2011 at 6:58 PM

How about one of these:

Leapfrog's My Pal Scout and Violet

Super_mom2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:22 PM

is it kinda like this? she has one of these

Quoting Kmakksmom:

How about one of these:

Leapfrog's My Pal Scout and Violet

*~* Cassie Jean *~*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)