Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT AM I SUPOSED TO DO?!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

My 2 year old DD (almost 3) just will not say sorry or anything when she is mean or naughty. doesnt matter what i do!

I warn her and she ends up in time out. Which i basically do "nanny" style.....

After her time is up I ask for a sorry and a hug but she wont say it.

She will sit there ALL day it seems as long as she doesnt say sorry.

Even spankings and taking toys away. NOTHING! She would rather sit with nothing and a spaked behind....

What would you do?

*~* Cassie Jean *~*

by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Super_mom2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM

BUMP!

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Just keep working with her on it. Maybe roll play with her until she gets the idea. I have had to do stuff like that to get my kids to say please and thank you

FooLynRoo
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM
If she won't apologize then she sits there all day. Her choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctfirsttimemom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:46 PM

My son is the same way, but the weird thing is he will say sorry off and on through out the day when he does nothing wrong!  BUT as soon as I tell him to say sorry if he does something he isn't supposed to he won't do it!  So, we have alot of time outs for that here too.  I don't understand it at all.  Oh and he is 2 and 7 months.

Jessy613
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:47 PM
Quoting FooLynRoo:

If she won't apologize then she sits there all day. Her choice.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
smarshy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM

My DS2.5 is fairly sensitive and empathetic, so he always says sorry... I always explain why he needs to say sorry and how he hurt me or DH or whoever.. lol I don't yell, I just look and sound very disappointed in him. ((That is how I get DH to do it too! LOL JK))

I would keep at it!

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Maybe she isn't saying it because she doesn't understand why she needs to say it. I suggest explaining to her why you want her to say she is sorry and how she should be sorry for being mean. Then ask her if she is sorry, if she says "yes" then tell her "you need to tell me you are sorry" and if she still won't say it then let her sit there all day. 

Super_mom2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:37 PM

maybe i need to try this again. Though she does say sorry when she hurts her sister even on accident

Quoting mom2acutiepie:

Maybe she isn't saying it because she doesn't understand why she needs to say it. I suggest explaining to her why you want her to say she is sorry and how she should be sorry for being mean. Then ask her if she is sorry, if she says "yes" then tell her "you need to tell me you are sorry" and if she still won't say it then let her sit there all day. 

*~* Cassie Jean *~*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)