Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Normal for a 2-3 year old?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM
  • 17 Replies

My DD will be 3 in July. Yesterday she ate a bowl of cereal at around 9am and that was it. she refused food the rest of the day But drank water. Today she wanted cereal I gave it to her she ate half a bowl and was done. That was again around 9am. Its now 4pm and she is still refusing food.

This child can eat 2 sandwichs in a sitting. Or a huge hamberger with everything on it chips and a drink. This is not normal for her. But is it normal for the age?

I have offered her everything. And i even ask what she wants to eat I make it and she wont eat it. But she will eat cookies and stuff like that.(i told her she does not get any until she eats but then she justs pouts but wont eat.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kathysclown
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM

If she will eat cookies, then I wouldn't worry about it. She will eat when she gets hungry.  Just make sure she is drinking.

Monstersmom307
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:07 PM

My ds does the exact same thing. He's 4. Just make sure she's drinking water

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM

very normal atleast with my kids

Jessy613
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Normal for my son. As long as she is drinking, she will be fine. Eventually she will get hungry enough and she will eat.

silvercrow
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:21 PM
Normal all my kids do it and have done it they are 15, 10,9 and almost 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:21 PM
This. My son will be 3 in July.

Quoting Jessy613:

Normal for my son. As long as she is drinking, she will be fine. Eventually she will get hungry enough and she will eat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Norman and annoying. She'll grow out of it.

P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Quoting Pnukey:

Normal and annoying. She'll grow out of it.

Embers88
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Around 3 years of age they hit a plateau where they aren't growing as much. So they will go through a short phase of not wanting to eat. I actually just looked this up not too long ago because my son, who will be 3 in June, has been eating like a bird, lol.

ashmac03
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Yes, it's very normal.  As long as she's drinking water she'll be fine.  Eventually she'll get hungry and eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)