Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Modular homes NEED ADVICE

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

My DH and I are in the process of buyin a house. I am considering a modular home...do any of you mamas (or your SO's for that matter) have any experience with modeular homes and how well they hold up. I live in NC so I have been told that they are not so efficient hin hurricane weather and that the resalve value is horrible...any tips or advice is welcome :)

by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tarinah
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:14 PM

we bought a modular on a foundation in NC for our first home.  It was a good decision for us, we sold it for more than we paid

NookBoookMom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I live in one and during hurrican and tornado weather u are advised to leave or have back up shelter. they cost alot to fix, dh's grandma lived in 1 and when it was damaged it cost alot more than she originally thought,

MultiPara
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Yeah, my grandparents bought one. I would NEVER advise anyone to buy one.  They are very cheaply made, and hard to make repairs or renovations to. They have also had a bad mold problem. They are horrible in ANY kind of disaster. If it catches fire its gone like a card board box, dont expect it to last in a hurricane, and you will never get your money back from selling it. Its honestly a bad investment. I lived with my grandparents for a few months in their modular home and it was terrible. Its like a giant trailer - because of the quality. 

Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:27 PM

All of this, but I got bashed to hell and back a couple months ago when I tried to tell another mom about buying one.

Quoting MultiPara:

Yeah, my grandparents bought one. I would NEVER advise anyone to buy one.  They are very cheaply made, and hard to make repairs or renovations to. They have also had a bad mold problem. They are horrible in ANY kind of disaster. If it catches fire its gone like a card board box, dont expect it to last in a hurricane, and you will never get your money back from selling it. Its honestly a bad investment. I lived with my grandparents for a few months in their modular home and it was terrible. Its like a giant trailer - because of the quality. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)