• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I read my son's Facebook messages....

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

He didn't log off from the last time he used my laptop. I have been on here all day and didn't realize it. I went to FB and there he was, already logged in.

I tend to respect my children's privacy to a certain degree, but with everthing he is going through right now, I couldn't help but read them.

I kind of feel guilty, but there are some things that made me feel a little better in there. Some things made me feel bad too though.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Isaacsmom5354
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I read all my sons Facebook stuff. He is only 11 though.

DawnLauren
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:53 PM

uhh like what???

myfoursonsks
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:00 PM

One convo is to his girlfriend that I guess is his ex now. She moved about an hour or so away and they don't get to see each other much.  They had been dating previously when my son was living in another state as well.  I think she told him he was her boyfriend while he lived away, but maybe she was already dating someone else.

Anyway, I can tell he really cares about her.  He is heartbroken. I can see it in his final message to her.  It is sad to see, but at the same time it is good for me to see he has those emotions and can communicate them.

Quoting DawnLauren:

uhh like what???

P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Quoting DawnLauren:

uhh like what???

myfoursonsks
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Another one is to a friend of his.  His friend has bipolar disorder and was sharing that information with my son.  My son said, "I know my mom doesn't love me" when referring to the fact I am trying to get him residential psychiatric treatment.  But his friend said, "I thought my mom had given up on me, but come to find out she does love me and just wants me to get better."

jnttd
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)