• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking it way to far

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:00 PM
  • 48 Replies
I was out running some errands today. I had my 3 kids with me. They're 3 and 19 month old twins. I'm also pretty obviously pregnant.
Anyway, one of our stops was at Walmart. We got out of the car and went to the door. There was a table from the first Christian church set up by the door.
I have no problem with them trying to convert others. They think that they had to, so more power to them. I just always let them know, politely bit firmly, that I have no interest in their religion, but thank you anyway. But what this man said today just left me totally speechless.
As we walked in the door, a couple from the table approached us holdin those little bibles. I said no thank you before they could reach us and I expected that to be the end of it. It wasn't. The man said and this is an almost direct quote " a true mother would want to save her childrens souls. She would want to be the best mother she can be and accept Jesus in her life. I will pray for you and your unborn child as you burn in hell. The rapture is here, repent before it is too late."
Then he looked at my kids and said "I will pray for your souls as well while you burn forever in hell."
Then he walked away. I was just stunned. Who says that? Who says to children that they will burn in hell forever? It took my husband and I almost 2 hours to calm our kids down! They didn't understand it all, but they understood burn forever.
Seriously though, who says that!?
I was and still am shocked and angry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittanyjo85
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:02 PM

That infuriates me.  He should not have said those things to you, and especially not to your children.  That's so un-Christian like.  I want to bitch-slap him.  So messed up.

Sarina.c.c
by Reen on May. 21, 2011 at 8:03 PM
Omfg!!! That man would not have teeth! I believe in God but don't push it on anyone. He is a horrible person!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilysmom8
by Dawn on May. 21, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I would have complained to the store manager and told him that he lost your buisness because instead of shopping you have to go calm down your kids..

toughnsweet
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:06 PM
I thought of doing that, but I just wanted to get my kids home.

Quoting emilysmom8:

I would have complained to the store manager and told him that he lost your buisness because instead of shopping you have to go calm down your kids..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:06 PM
A true Christian would never force his or her own beliefs on someone else or ever speak words of hate disquised in prayer to anyone especially a child. You can enjoy the last laugh when he is burning in hell for not following the faith he claims to profess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Yep! I would have had a few choice words for that asshat as well.

Quoting emilysmom8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Wow. That is seriously messed up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juicebox.
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM
O.o what a dolt. I hope he was one of the holier than thou that sold if his assets and donated his savings in preparation for the rapture. He can sleep in a box tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:08 PM

That dude is wacked!  That is MESSED up and I am a Christian. MOST Christians would not do that or say that!  HUGS.  I would be angry too. I am thinking if I'd have been there with you I'd have given him a piece of my mind and a dose of reality about what the BIBLE really says!

Jessy613
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Wow..that would of PISSED ME off big time..I'm sorry you had to go through that..that's bullshit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)