Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thats a HUGE bump! *pic*

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:13 PM
  • 27 Replies

My 3 year old fell in the kitchen and hit her head on the corner of the fridge. She barely cried and she is acting normal. She didn't vomit or anything. I gave her Tylenol and an ice pack after I called the nurses hotline.

I just can't get over how huge that knot is. I need reassurance that its ok before I run to the ER and have an x-ray done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
activitymode
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:14 PM
Just keep an eye on her. The barely crying is a sign of concussion though so be careful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PUMPKIN1117
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:15 PM

my son used to get HUGE goose eggs on his head all the time! i dont know how he fell so damn much. It was always fine. As long as there is no vominting or anyhting else the nurses line told you to look out for.  i never took my kid into the hospital for his falls

southern_momof2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:15 PM
That's how she always is when she gets hurt. She sliced her nose open and dint even shed a tear once. She is sitting here beside me. I wont let her out of my sight.

Quoting activitymode:

Just keep an eye on her. The barely crying is a sign of concussion though so be careful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
naumann24
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:16 PM
My son had a bump bigger than that and he was fine. I didn't let him sleep or anything for well over an hour. Just keep an eye on him to see how he acts,etc. Hope he gets better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkles115
Holy cheezus!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crysjuls
My 6yr old hit his head once on a chair and he had a bump like that right in the middle of his forhead. Freaked me out because he passed out and whenever I touched it, it would move. I thought it was blood. He was ok tho!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hartbrayka
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:17 PM

If it were me, I'd take my kids in for a big bump like that. 

southern_momof2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:18 PM
She is my second child. My son (first child) never got hurt. He has never had stitches or anything and he is 7. This girl has already had stitches twice. I swear she likes to give me mini heart attacks.

Quoting PUMPKIN1117:

my son used to get HUGE goose eggs on his head all the time! i dont know how he fell so damn much. It was always fine. As long as there is no vominting or anyhting else the nurses line told you to look out for.  i never took my kid into the hospital for his falls

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IAmLinasMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Oooowie!!! My head hurts in that same spot now just from looking at it!! No lie, I get wierd sympathy pains like that. I think she'll be fine. Keep icing it. Be sure to give her a break from from ice, every few mins. Keep an eye on her. If she starts stumbling, or mumbling, getting sleepy, things like that take her in. Kids are surprisingly resilient. I'm sure she'll be fine. :-)

southern_momof2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:19 PM
Oh wow, I would be at the ER now if she had passed out.

Quoting crysjuls:

My 6yr old hit his head once on a chair and he had a bump like that right in the middle of his forhead. Freaked me out because he passed out and whenever I touched it, it would move. I thought it was blood. He was ok tho!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)