• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seperate birthday parties?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM
  • 18 Replies

I just went to my dh best friends daughters 1st bday party.. Mom and dad are not together. I still kinda thought I would see the mom there ..  But I guess for whatever reason she was not there. But It made the think did they not invite her , did she just not want to come??.. Maybe her family threw their own 1st BDAY party for the little girl.?? Do you have seperate bday parties if your not together with the father of your children??

by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momcat437
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Yup, been there,done that...

M0mmy0f_3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I talked to my ex today to tell him that I had made plans already for my daughter's birthday. He replied with, "You can have her for her birthday, its not that important to me." I was FURIOUS. I have her every year for her b-day and have her a party. He always gets invited but doesn't show.

ashleigh24
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Yes we have separate parties. I can't stand my ex and that is why he is an ex. Kylee has a great relationship with him though. I was nice and invited him to her first one and it was horrible. He took over and wouldn't let my hubby (who has taken care of her since she was 3 months after my ex kicked us out when she was only one month old) have anything to do with her. It wasn't right and he even tried to butt me out. He is all about a show and putting on one to make him look good. Ugh. He did it at her preschool graduation tuesday night. He pisses me off. Sorry I'm venting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rydersmommy616
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:32 PM

CUTEST thing I ever seen this little girl and her daddy and grandma on her bday.. But the mom is involved her life.. they both are

APreachersWife
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:32 PM
That's how my aunt and uncle always did their kids parties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Yes we have separate parties for him. I am at both parties though.

His dads family lives over 3 hours away, which is why we have separate stuff for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4FAM67860509
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:35 PM
I find that odd and pathetic honestly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackiebugsmom
My dh and i split up once when my dd was turning one and we had one party and we wer both there. We wanted it to always be that way but we got back together shortly after so we dont deal with that anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dsptchmommy
With my 1st things were heated enough that we did for the 1st couple of years. Now we are friends and we plan her party together. For the youngest...IF the court ever modifies the RO to allow him some kind of visitation he will have to plan his own party because he will still be restrained from contact with. If I have anything to do with it though the RO won't be modified.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dsptchmommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Not every one has a choice in the matter.

Quoting 4FAM67860509:

I find that odd and pathetic honestly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)