• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She didn't mean..............no she couldn't have.....right? *Update with Pics*

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:01 PM
  • 164 Replies

So except for Christmas when I have to buy everyone a gift, and my kid's birthdays, I tend to make my own wrapping paper. I know that sounds weird, or cheap maybe, but really it's just a chance for me to be artistic. Everyone always make the joke when someone goes to open a gift from me "I wonder who that one is from"

People always comment on how beautiful the gifts are ,which is why I was a little taken back when my sister said this.

My mom's birthday was the other day and we are all meeting her for dinner tomorrow. Everyone gave me money to get the gift. I was going to make paper for it, but the gift is rather large. I had a well made box from Anthropology so I decided to just decorate the box. My niece's birthday is the same day, so I did it with hers too. My sister called me and asked if I needed extra money for wrapping paper for mom's gift. I told her no, I was just going to decorate a nice Anthropology box. She says, in an almost sarcastic tone "you're decorating the box?"

I had to get off the phone with her in a hurry, because my son hurt himself. I hope she doesn't think the gift will look stupid. My sisters think I do too much, and I make everything harder. They think I over commit myself, and they are right. The thing is, doing things like that, I enjoy. It is a nice thing for me when I can be creative. I'm not sure if she said it like that, because she thinks I'm going overboard with the gift, or because she thinks it will look stupid.

IDK Do you think it's weird to do that with a gift?

This is the one I did for my Mom

This is the one I did for my niece.

They aren't cheesy or anything, right?

Photobucket
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cassi_d_m
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM
I would just go ahead and do it!! It sounds nifty! I wish I was crafty like that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:04 PM

i don't think it's weird.

SpiritFortress
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:05 PM

I don't think it's weird. I think it's a nice personal touch. =)

NickiNavarro

Quoting cassi_d_m:

I would just go ahead and do it!! It sounds nifty! I wish I was crafty like that!

LOL, I already did it. I just thought it was weird, and I didn't get a chance to ask her what she meant by it. I hope I'm not secretly being made fun of for my gift giving. lol

Photobucket
kristy0833

id just do it... but i wanna see a pic

Embers88
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Who cares what she meant. Do it anyway! I LOVE crafty things like that. I would much rather receive a gift like that then some boring old store bought paper :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ars2art
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM

i put everything in a bag i have no room to talk

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Quoting kristy0833:

id just do it... but i wanna see a pic

snozzberry
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I always thoguht ripping off the paper was one of the best parts!

JBDslittlemam08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:08 PM
I think it's YOUR claim to fame and your time to be artistic so she can hush. Honestly, it seems as though someone got bit by the jealous bug.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)