Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Petty?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:25 PM
  • 10 Replies
I am probably being petty, but I am so happy right now! We live next door to some strange people. I can handle the dad who spends every day blaring music and washing his already clean boat almost every sunny day, I can stand that the guy spends hours ever day in the summer in his pole barn making knives out of old files and hearing saws and grinders constantly. I can sort of stand it when his kid comes onto our property and unhooks my dog from his runner and stands on the property line staring at me for long periods of time. BUT I can't stand it when the DAD stands in the trees and watches me garden, and I cannot stand when he mows his lawn AND part of mine like he doesn't know where the property line is, even though it's clearly marked. So today I dug up 6 large lilac bushes from the hundreds we have growing on the front hill and planted them in a line right where he always mows on our property. It's pretty close to the
Line but still our land. I will eventually plant them every 4 ft along the 1 acre divide between us. I'd do a fence but we can't afford it. I was so happy with the effect. It's not only beautiful and reminds me of
My childhood home, it will provide privacy and he can't mow our dang lawn anymore! I swear he just does it to spy, there is no reason for him to be there, it's totally on the other side of a large group of trees that divides our properties. He has literally 5 inches of property on our side of the
Tree screen! Do you think being petty?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM
Sorry for the typos, I'm mobile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ars2art
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:28 PM

i think he is being a creeper! I also wouldnt want that kid unhooking my dog he would run!!

rosaleeandtwo
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:29 PM

You may be acting a little petty but who cares?

The lady across the street always stares at me from behind her curtains when I go out on my front porch to smoke.  Like I can't see her shadow or something.  It used to really bug me at first.  Now I just wave at her, sometimes I make wild and crazy gestures.  You can see her get all flustered and move back farther behind the curtain.  I want to tell her one day that she can move as far back as she likes and it doesn't matter for crap because the light behind her is always on so I can STILL SEE HER!

People are just nosy...and weird.  Makes being petty look downright normal.

brettsmomma
by Tammie on May. 21, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I think the row of lilacs sounds pretty :)

MommeeTo4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:30 PM
No but I wouldn't care if someone cut my grass less work for me, staring is creepy thou
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyiverson22
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Nope, I plan on doing the same thing with bushes on my property line. My neighbors have so many people living with them they they park IN my yard! It posses me off to no end so I decided I'm either planting huge bushes or gettin huge rocks put in lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:33 PM
He doesn't just swing around once to trim the tiny sliver of property on our side of the trees, he goes around about 8 times every time he mows (which is once a week). Theres just no reason for that!

Quoting MommeeTo4:

No but I wouldn't care if someone cut my grass less work for me, staring is creepy thou

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherieb10
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I would have done the same thing, he does sound creepy.

norahsmommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:37 PM
No kidding! I was gardening with my mom one day and he was just standing in the trees about 20 ft away just staring. I stared right back and he didn't look away. Mom said it was kind of disturbing, dh actually keeps weapons in the house now just because of that.

Quoting ars2art:

i think he is being a creeper! I also wouldnt want that kid unhooking my dog he would run!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheshireCat420
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Quoting cherieb10:

I would have done the same thing, he does sound creepy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)