Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you ladies be mad if Dh ......

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM
  • 15 Replies

He is constantly telling me that I need to lose weight or that I would feel better (not have so many health issues), etc. He tells me all the time that I need to be more active or that I am lazy. Or that I never stick with anything. Hes always checking skinny girls out ( yes I know men will always check out girls) but this is annoying because he knows I am not this skinny and will never be. They are like stick thin and no curves, no butt, no boobs, no nothing! Ok, I have hips from having two boys and I like my curves!! I don't consider myself fat like he does either. I know I need to lose some weight but he just treats me like I am obsese and expects me to be a super model or something. I have a low self esteem and he just makes it worse. I have let myself go a lot, meaning I don't do my hair, make up or anything anymore hardly because he just doesn't care. I don't feel pretty anymore or loved/appreciated. Or attractive. I know a lot of times he will say things to motivate me but it only makes me feel worse. Why can't he just say good job or something?? And I also told him I was going to quit drinking soda but yet he'll come home with a soda for me!! Or he'll drink soda in front of me. Or I want to eat healthier but he'll buy junk food or whatever.....

Second, he tells me a lot that I don't do enough with the kids. I admit I could do more but I am depressed a lot. (over good reasons) I can't find the energy to at times. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a horrible mom. You have to be me to fully understand. I spend a lot of time with my boys but I know I could spend more time with them. He says I spend too much time on the computer or sittind around. Well its not like he makes me feel any better! I get on the computer a lot to vent or get support because he doesn't.....you understand?

Third, I try so hard to be a good mom, a good wife, clean, cook, try to lose weight, etc. But nothing I say, do, or try will never be good enough! I feel like he doesn't love me anymore. He told me this morning after I had just cleaned the other night top to bottom that I didn't do a good enough job cleaning and had torn stuff up...saying he couldn't find something and all I did was throw things in boxes. Um, actually they were totes and files and they were all the papers I didn't know what to do with!! Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just so tired of being told I am not good enough. Or whatever. Im really upset so please no bashing. Plus sorry if this is TMI but he never wants to have sex anymore it seems. He works nights a lot and is tired and stressed but even when we do have time he doesn't want to....

I could seriously lose like 40 lbs, have the house spic and span, wait on him hand and foot, be sweet as hell and I think he'd still have a problem with me. Plus, Im not a d*** maid or slave!! I deserve alone time or a day off once in a while too! Why do men think they only get a day off???? Why do most of them think because they work they do more and only deserve a day off or whatever?? I work too d***it

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chocolat-smiles
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:29 PM

im sorry

Jessy613
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Quoting chocolat-smiles:

im sorry

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
krayzbabylove
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Well, sounds like you need to get stern and tell him to knock it the hell off!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiznShelk
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Maybe he thinks your depression stems from the weight gain? Maybe he thinks if you start exercising and feeling better about yourself then you'll play with the kids more.

ashleigh24
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:38 PM
I'm so sorry hun :( you need to figure out what makes YOU happy and do it. Then if he still wants to be with you then ok but if not then your better off. Don't be depressed get up and do what you like to do and forget what he says. Try not to let it get to you. I'm sure your a very pretty girl and I think you should go out and get your hair done maybe nails too. Have a girls day out and make yourself feel better. You really need to get happy though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ars2art
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:40 PM

take care of you for YOU and your children. Screw what he thinks. You are beautiful and a great mother. Could we all be better mothers... sure. We are human. We all go through periods like this and it doesnt help if you do not have support.

I say join a group of moms that want to be healthy and work out. This way you will get friend time and work out time all in one!

3xangel
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Quoting ars2art:

take care of you for YOU and your children. Screw what he thinks. You are beautiful and a great mother. Could we all be better mothers... sure. We are human. We all go through periods like this and it doesnt help if you do not have support.

I say join a group of moms that want to be healthy and work out. This way you will get friend time and work out time all in one!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:43 PM

if my husband came to me and said you seem really depressed lately and i think its because you've gained weight and you're not happy with myself, i wouldn't be upset. that would be concern. 

but if he was checking other women out and comparing me to them, then we'd have an issue. 

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Honestly? I'd tell the jackass to go screw himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.not.angel.
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Depends... is he full of it, or do I need to lose weight? If my health is a concern, I damn well expect him to say something. I didn't marry him to hear only what I want to hear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)