Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tears are streaming down my face.... and its all about a DOG.

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

My son was offered his dream job just weeks after rescuing a dog from a shelter. They wanted him to start in just 3 days, so he has been living in a residental hotel, while looking for a housing. We offered to keep the dog because we all agreed that uprooting her from the shelter to our home to the hotel and then again to the perm home would be too much.  It took longer than expected for him to find a place, so we had our sweet baby girl for 2 months. 

Well, he found a home and came back to get her today. I am so sad.  So, sad.  I know she will be fine and well taken care, and that she is his dog, but I miss her.  I just miss her :(

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ars2art
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:32 PM

:( will she come to visit? Maybe you can adopt another dog in need?

2ninos4me
by 2blessings4me on May. 21, 2011 at 10:32 PM
Im sorry and i hope u keep some pics of her and visit often : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Memigen
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Awe :( Sorry momma.  Do you think it may just be the feeling of losing your son to adulthood again through his dog?

kaitlynsmommy31
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I'm sorry hun! Animals are way to easy to get attached too, I would probably feel the same way. Hopefully you can visit her!

m3an1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:55 PM

No, it's the dog. lol.  My son has been back and forth to college, and I accepted he was gone and would only come back to visit.  But the dog, well, she was terribly abused by her previous owners, they threw her out of a moving car. She was terrified when she came to us and she picked me to bond with first.  She followed me around everywhere and I let myself fall in love with her.  Yes, they'll come back to visit, like I said, I know she's safe. I just miss her... All this over a dog!

Quoting Memigen:

Awe :( Sorry momma.  Do you think it may just be the feeling of losing your son to adulthood again through his dog?

Neelah
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:27 PM

aww, that's too bad! funny how we get so attached to the little furballs so quickly :)

maybe you could adopt a shelter dog, gain a friend & save a life :)

VintageWife
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Did he realize how much of a bond the two of you had? I bet he would have let her stay :(

daisyb
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:45 PM

AWWW... i'm sorry! Dogs have a Very Unique way of really finding that Special place in our Hearts- you must be pretty Special yourself b/c alot of times after being Abused that bad it takes a Long time for them to bond with anyone- the good part is you know that he is going to be taken care of & if by chance it is a little too much for your son to handle then he has a home with you- if everything goes well then you will still have that Special Bond as his " Grandma " LOL:) maybe, you & your husband should go check out the shelter- you might surprise yourself & find your new Best Friend sitting right there waiting for you! Wishing you lots of luck:)

bklaser
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Quoting ars2art:

:( will she come to visit? Maybe you can adopt another dog in need?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)