Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think the government takes away too many rights?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:51 PM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: Please bump after voting

Options:

Yes

No

Sometime please explain

Other please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

Meaning as a buisness owner you are not allowed to say whether your patrons can smoke or not; as a adult you must wear a seat belt; even if you own a house you must get permits for everything you do; etc. Please bump after voting

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaydensMommy007
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:52 PM

yes absolutely. I am all for smaller govt and them staying out of my business.

Pnukey
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:53 PM

"Take" not really. We seem to hand them away left and right by voting for idiots.

mysweetmelissa
How does a business owner not have the right to say if their patrons can smoke?

The other stuff, I don't know, I do think the click it or ticket is just a money scheme. I doubt the govt truly cares about saving lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyTmomof1

I think the laws they have that are there for safety reasons are fine but it's the ones like a man can't marry a man or a woman can't marry a woman that I think are stupid. Gay marriage has nothing to do with safety or well being of others so why is it a law?

asmith1350
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Quoting mysweetmelissa:

The other stuff, I don't know, I do think the click it or ticket is just a money scheme. I doubt the govt truly cares about saving lives.

Some states you can not smoke anywhere inside or within so many feet of a building. Ohio is one of them.

MrsBer
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Yepp. And the seatbelt thing irks me so much. I fully understand having anyone underage buckled in properly, but as an adult that should be YOUR decision. It doesn't hurt anyone but yourself. So stupid.

asmith1350
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Quoting Pnukey:

"Take" not really. We seem to hand them away left and right by voting for idiots.

True

MrsBer
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:00 PM

The town I live in is like that. NO PUBLIC SMOKING. Not in restaurant, not in a parking lot, not wakling down the street. You must smoke on you own property or in your vehicle...but there are BIG fines if you throw a butt out the window. The rest of the county leaves it up to the businesses, but if they allow smoking they take an automatic hit on their health rating.

Quoting asmith1350:

Quoting mysweetmelissa:

Some states you can not smoke anywhere inside or within so many feet of a building. Ohio is one of them.

CDMelty
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Quoting MrsBer:

Yepp. And the seatbelt thing irks me so much. I fully understand having anyone underage buckled in properly, but as an adult that should be YOUR decision. It doesn't hurt anyone but yourself. So stupid.

If I  hit you, I get arrested and charged with reckless driving, driving too fast, whatever. If you don't wear your seat belt and because of that you die, I get charged with vehicular homicide. True, I shouldn't have hit you, but maybeI had a mini-stroke or something. Still, I'm in prison because of your seat belt.  It's a stretch, but that's how it affects other people.  Plus, if you're in the hospital for 3 months and don't have insurance or max out your benefit limit, any unpaid bills go to the rest of the patients.

toughnsweet
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:03 PM
Yes! They have taken and are trying to take so m at rights away! Woman's rights, gay marriage, when and where to nurse! It's awful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)