Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How to you care for a mud dauber sting?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

my 3 yr old dd got stung by one today and it swelled up around the sting and it was bleeding in the center. How do I take care of it so it doesnt hurt her? She isn't allergic because we kept watch of her all night and she is just fine and breathing right but the boo boo is a bit hurtful and looks like it hurts her.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
toughnsweet
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM
I have no idea what that is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Baking soda paste on it will draw the poison out

TennesseesSuga
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:04 PM

 you mean dirt dauber ? I would say place wet tobacco on it it will pull the  burning out and then i would apply an ointment

MawMawKelton
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:05 PM

I never knew mud daubers stung. Those are the only ones that never stung me. Sure it wasn't a wasp ?

Poor baby, I hate that she is hurting  : (

Mom used to make a paste of water and baking soda and put on the stings.  I'm sure they make something better now days.

Keep us updated. Give little ones hugs for me.

mommyiverson22
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:06 PM
I do not even know what that is?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StaryEyed718
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:08 PM

It was a black mud dauber I saw it sting her. She was about 10 feet away at the outside playhouse at a friends house and I saw it flying near her and I told her to run to me and instead she swatted it and instantly got stung. They dont usually sing unless provoked and my poor baby chose the wrong thing to bat at. Ill try the baking soda tonight since she is sleeping. I have never delt with stings before so I dont have anything from the store.

Quoting MawMawKelton:

I never knew mud daubers stung. Those are the only ones that never stung me. Sure it wasn't a wasp ?

Poor baby, I hate that she is hurting  : (

Mom used to make a paste of water and baking soda and put on the stings.  I'm sure they make something better now days.

Keep us updated. Give little ones hugs for me.


StaryEyed718
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:10 PM

https://www.mypestrx.com/Mud_Dauber_Wasp.html

 

that is what a mud dauber is. The one I saw was black not yellow but I was far away too so not sure if it was yellow a little or not.

looloowhite
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM

My daughter just got stung tonight by a wasp and her toe started swelling and turned red.  It was very painful and I was desperate for a cure so I searched the internet.  I had tried sting kill swabs, baking soda packs, and a copper penny (thanks to pinterest) none of these took the pain away.  My husband got home from work and told me about an old cure his mother taught him.  He cracked an egg then took the skin between the egg and the shell and laid it on the sting site. Other than a slight throbbing on the actual entry site, the pain subsided within minutes. The egg skin went from clear to white as it sucked the poison out and all of the reddness in her toe went away within 10 minutes.  Do not remove the egg skin for a while, it will be white and dry but it is still working.  The outside air dries it as it is sucking all of the poison out.  Originally it was a cure for acne but it worked like a charm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)