Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she gave my 6 year old prescription drugs!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM
  • 51 Replies
Today my ex's sister texted me to see if she could have my son, her nephew, for a few hours. Not a problem. My son LOVES playing with his cousin.

So about an hour later she calls me and says that I need to come get him. He apparently got sick. She said he threw up once, then acted fine, then started saying his stomach hurt not long after that. So she gave him half of this pill and gave me the other half "in case he needed it again later".
WTF?? It was a prescription pill in a prescription package. I had never heard of it so I googled it when I got home. Apparently its a medication that they give to cancer patients right before chemo to help them not throw up. Which is fine. When its PRESCRIBED to you!

My ds's stomach hurt for the rest of the night. Now I don't know if its because he's sick or because of the drugs she gave him! He seems fine otherwise...no fever...didn't get sick again...

Idk...does this pill sound familiar to anyone?? How safe is it?? I would tell you the name but I threw it away...it starts with an o....

Wth is wrong with people?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Ondansetron...that was the name of it. I just dug it out of my trash...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anarmyslove
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Ummm i would have kept the other half and taken him to the doc and told them what she gave him and see what they thought was best to do. Thats just fucked up that she did that.

brittanyjo85
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I'd try calling Poison Control, really.  That's messed up she did that.

michaeljrsmommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Quoting anarmyslove:

Ummm i would have kept the other half and taken him to the doc and told them what she gave him and see what they thought was best to do. Thats just fucked up that she did that.

for sure

Bits08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM

You should probably call poison control to be safe

motherbugs
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Quoting anarmyslove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:12 PM
Just so you know its totally safe. Its not just given to cancer patients. Its a alternative to phenigian(sp) without the sleepiness. Not saying it's right just telling you it's safe. I took it while pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritFortress

That would be the last time he goes there alone. That's scary.

JasonsMom2007
Poison control!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplePieguy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Yep...

Quoting brittanyjo85:

I'd try calling Poison Control, really.  That's messed up she did that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)