Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get her to stop peeing on herself?!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

My daughter will be 4 years old June 8th. She has been fully night and day potty trained, with no accidents. Out of no where, she starts wetting the bed, when she used to get out of bed and use the bathroom in the middle of the night. And instead of using the bathroom while playing, she stops, and ends up wetting herself. Now I got her to stop wetting during the day for a few months, but today she did it again...I cant get her to go more than 3 days in a row without wetting the bed. I don't understand whats going on here. My brother and I were potty trained at around 2. No problems. We're getting ready to move back across the country to our old house, and I'm afraid she's going to be wetting the bed until 2nd grade! My mom told me my aunt did that. What can I do to stop this? I've started making her go potty like 10 times before bed but it doesn't always work.Any tips?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bits08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Bump!

skileybug
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Not sure .. but when my daughter who is 5 does that she has a UTI ... maybe get her urine checked....

IAmLinasMommy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:09 AM

BUMP!

mochasista
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I'm not sure. DH said he wet the bed until he was 10 but he was being abused. I'm not saying your dd is being abused but some kids wet the bed if they have a change in their life. Or like someone else said it might be a UTI.

IAmLinasMommy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I know it's not a UTI, or abuse. She started wetting the bed right before we moved from fl to ca. That was 11 months ago. Now we're movine back. I guess it started when I started dating my ex. No he never touched her. I know for a fact. But she didn't like him because he was always loud. He moved to Cali with us. We ended up breaking up in Jan. So her poor little worlds been unstable. But now we've been a stable family for a whlie and we're going to be back in her old house that she missed. So I'm hoping things will get better not worse from moving back. I just can't think of any tricks that will help her to stop wetting the bed.

Honeybun09
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:25 AM

BUMP!

IAmLinasMommy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:32 AM

BUMP!

Damali0812
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2011 at 1:35 AM

Does she maybe have a UTI? or bladder infection? My DD wets her bed when she gets a UTI. 

IAmLinasMommy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Nope. No medical conditions. It's just laziness. She used to get up in the middle of the ngiht and go potty. Now somedays it's hell getting her out of bed for preschool/daycare

Quoting Damali0812:

Does she maybe have a UTI? or bladder infection? My DD wets her bed when she gets a UTI. 

IAmLinasMommy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:41 AM

She doesn't wet for naps. Just overnight..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)