Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

To ALL members of Cafemom Newcomers Group! Effective immediately, NO exceptions. YOU MUST COMPLY! Naming Policy!

Posted by   + Show Post

There are no 'free passes' or 'exceptions'. Please review the blue edit for cases involving children born before the advent of the internet or before enrollment in Cafemom:

You should only have named your children what we here at Cafemom Newcomers Group told you to name them. Any deviance from our wise advice is strictly prohibited and you are formally on notice to make a poll asking us what to rename your children and ordered to rectify this situation immediately or face permaban from the group.

All members are hereby urged to post acceptable NCG names for members' children below.

Adherance is compulsory.

EDIT: The Gender-neutrality Rule of Cafemom Newcomers Group established in May 2011:

Thou shalt not call thy child by any name which does not indicate immediately the gender of that child. Preferred designations for male children should (but not always) include some sort of reference to war. Names for female children should (but not always) include some sort of reference to flowers.

EDIT: The Non-Grandfather Clause Addendum to the Cafemom Newcomers Group Naming Policy of May 2011:

No member of Cafemom Newcomers Group may claim exemption to the new naming policy for group members' children based upon enrollment in the group before the policy was adopted or nonexistence of the internet when the children were named.

Again, we here at Cafemom Newcomers Group apologize for any inconvenience it might incur, but these changes are applied evenly and across the board to every member in order to preserve the integrity and homogeneous tone of the group.

Disclaimer: We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to this Cafemom Newcomers Group post or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained within this post for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. All comments will be answered in the order that they are received, except in cases of especial favorites, such as Bldbyangel07 and Tickledpink.

by on May. 22, 2011 at 5:01 PM
Replies (91-100):
Sanctimommy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I'm sorry to tell you, Blsdbyangel07 that your account is currently being reviewed by a team of highly trained ferrets for the possibility that you are being honest. Should you be found noncompliant with our new naming policies here at Cafemom Newcomers Group, your screen name will be changed to FartedUpon and your rank will be dropped down to 'Kleen-ex' with a snot-colored badge to indicate your new rank.

Disclaimer: The statements and offers expressed herein are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not Cafemom or Cafemom Newcomers Group. Neither the original poster, nor Cafemom, nor Cafemom Newcomers Group Administrators own any highly trained ferrets. There is no 'Kleen-ex' Rank, no snot-colored badge, and no way that the author is able to change any other NCG Member's screen name.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I'm naming my next child spaghettios.  Because well I wanna and there's nothing you can DO or SAY about it!!

Sanctimommy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Will someone in the classroom, please share the joke with Dusk90? Or is it funnier to just leave it this way?

Quoting dusk90:

What a fucking stupid rule.

MKSmom09
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh, leave it alone, its funnier this way

SpiritFortress
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2011 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Well at least I now know where my three ferrets have run off to....

Vari3tyTonight
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Ha ha thanks for clearing that up.

lilblu399
by Tamika on May. 22, 2011 at 7:42 PM
I have a Lillian and an Alexander, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on May. 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Definetly funnier to leave it alone.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Will someone in the classroom, please share the joke with Dusk90? Or is it funnier to just leave it this way?

Quoting dusk90:

What a fucking stupid rule.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiegirl
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Is my daughters name Trinity ok?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Quoting MKSmom09:

Eh, leave it alone, its funnier this way

roseberrymatrix
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I don't like this woman, but I agree with her on this one lol

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Yes and those using the name Nevaeh should be executed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN