Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Class trip with lunch@ hooters, wiuld you be upset?

Posted by   + Show Post
My local news station posted a story about chaperones taking 20 kids to eat at hooters after their trip to the Baltimore Aquarium. The news report said that they decided to split up the group of 100 kids since they couldn't find a place that would take all of them at once.
The principal of the school was a little upset by it, but no parents had made a compliant. If it was your 8th grader would you have gotten mad?

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/offbeat/Hooters_Field_Trip_Lunch_Berwyck_060111
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Replies (41-50):
mommybug77
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 12:11 PM

time for you to find a new mall to go to then

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

Its a RESTAURANT not a strip club. If you dont want your kid to see skin then stick em in a bubble. Dont let them go to the beach or the mall or to the pool etc etc...........

jordansmomma06
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 12:12 PM

No. 

Sammie-89

I would be furious! an 8th grader already knows what boobs are. So taking them to hooters, lmao is not such a good idea. I remember being an 8th grader and all boys though about where boobs... seriously.

JSVDP
Don't let your kids outbdurring summer. Don't take them to a public pool. Don't take them to a beach or lake. They might see skin. Oh the horror v
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlock25
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

Its a RESTAURANT not a strip club. If you dont want your kid to see skin then stick em in a bubble. Dont let them go to the beach or the mall or to the pool etc etc...........

Lets hope their kids never go to a football game either.

KamiB79

Quoting Bits08:

No.  You see more skin on a trip to wal mart.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
naumann24
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Nope I would have been fine with it. And seeing more skin on a trip to walmart is true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my3littleboys
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM
If I take my kids there that's my call (we love the wings there) but I don't think I would be okay with them going on a class trip there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Yes, I would be VERY upset. We don't eat at hooters. My kids don't need to be exposed to that kind of crap. My girls will respect themselves enough to know that they don't need to put their bodies on display to make money.

matofour
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2011 at 12:15 PM
It sounds like the classes had to be split up.
So, my guess would be there just wasn't anywhere else for them to eat.
For many reasons, maybe all the restaurants they ate at were within walking distance.
Who knows what the real scenario was.
I would rather my kid be fed, than not when it comes down to it.
And I wonder how is spandex tasteless? This was junior high right? I would be willing to bet the hooters girls had more covered than some of the girls on the trip.

Quoting Chris030406:

Exposing young adults to woman squeezed into spandex is tasteless. As educators, they should be trying to set an example and demonstrate that it isn't okay to objectify anyone for a basket of wings (that really aren't that good, IMO). They seriously couldn't have found a Pizza Hut or an Apple Bees? Whatever. Kids at Hooters is totally tacky.

Quoting dlock25:

Quoting Chris030406:

Although there is far worse in the world than Hooters, i'd be upset that their school willingly and knowingly exposed my sons to such.

What did they expose them too? A tank top and short shorts? By the way no I would not be mad if my daughter went to Hooters with the school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN