Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

embarassed to ask this, but...**EDIT**

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:36 AM
  • 81 Replies

Our goddamn cat is bringing ticks into the house. I've found two on me just today. She's never done that before, even last summer when she started going outside all the time.

How the f*** do you get rid of them once they're in the house??? Are we going to have to have the place bombed? We bought tick bath for both her and the dog, but I have no idea how to get them out of the house. I've gotten them before while camping, but that's a whole different ball of wax. They're in my BED!!! I have one of my blankets going through the sanitize cycle in the washing machine (it's too small for more than that).

I'm so paranoid and grossed out right now. I'm just going to throw her outside until I can give her the bath.

Stupid cat.

**EDIT** Apparently a few of you can't read sarcasm. I don't *really* blame the cat. I'm pissed and frustrated that we have ticks in the house and she is the vehicle for that. I know she can't help what jump on her. I'm not going to take her to the humane society or punt her over the fence or anything, calm down.

pregnancy

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evilangel198431
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:37 AM

well its not the cat's fault

piwife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:38 AM
You could get lyme disease.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:38 AM
I know that. I'm just pissed that there are ticks in the house. It's not like I'm going to punt her into the next yard.

Quoting evilangel198431:

well its not the cat's fault

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Thanks, but that's not the help I'm looking for...

Quoting piwife:

You could get lyme disease.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whisper36
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:39 AM

There's some tick powder you can sprinkle all over and it will get rid of all of them. We had that problem when I lived in Texas. Once we sprinkled the powder we never seen them again. And yes, they were in our bed too.

judybant
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I went outside the other day... never once left the cement of my driveway, went to the store, walked only on pavement, and when I got home, there were 3 ticks on my head. The ticks are bad this year. REALLY bad. I've had so many it's not even funny... and I live in town. Our yard is always mowed, etc... so don't blame the cat. And just deal with it. When she comes in, give her a good rub-down... or better yet, keep her inside all the time, and keep the litter box clean. She'll live longer, and be healthier if she stays inside all the time. Plus, if she is the vehicle that is bringing them in... you eliminate the problem, yes? 

wesleysmom08
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:40 AM
I have no idea. I am allergic to cats, and i dont really have a problem with bugs on my dogs. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Don't let the cat outside?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeny4121979
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Call the  vet ask what u can do to get rid of them  maybe !!

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:41 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)