Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

starting to really piss me off!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:40 AM
  • 24 Replies

what would you do about this issue? my boyfriend's kids are here for the summer and i have been trying to teach them that when i say something they are not to turn around and ask their dad to try to get a different answer.  they do it anyway and tonight i tell them they cannot watch a movie because it is almost midnight and i think even though its summer they still need a bedtime. so the oldest asks his dad and when i got onto him for it SO turns to me and says " this wouldn't happen so much if you would let them do what they wanted"  uummmm......... no.  they are kids. they don't get to just do what they want to. i told him they need a bedtime even in the summer and he says "well i disagree with you they should be able to stay up as late as they want"  i am about to start telling them they can ask him everything from now on and when he wants me to take care of them i am about to tell him he can handle it because i am not allowed to tell them no.  i guess i will just take care of my 2 how i see fit and let him handle them.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evilangel198431
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM

BUMP!

ilovemymixedbby
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM
That's what I would do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evilangel198431
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:51 PM

i guess i just really don't like the idea of letting 2 children run my household

Quoting ilovemymixedbby:

That's what I would do

OkieGirlKatrina
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:52 PM

His kids his decisions...he is only your BF not your husband....so therefore you really have no say in what the kids can and can not do...

party_of_5
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I agree! That's exactly what I would do. They don't think of you a being an authority. I personally think that kids needs a bedtime even in the summer or breaks.

LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:01 PM

How old are they?

BlueEyedBrunett
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM

i agree.

Quoting OkieGirlKatrina:

His kids his decisions...he is only your BF not your husband....so therefore you really have no say in what the kids can and can not do...

Tori_S
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:03 PM
This.

Quoting OkieGirlKatrina:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy259
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:03 PM

They are his kids, not yours..So he should make rules up as he sees fit about his children..

I would suggest though maybe all sitting down together you, your s/o and all the children and making some house rules that all the children must follow..that might help some :)

DakotaRose
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:04 PM

They are his kids... he has final say at this point in time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)