Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not sure how to form this question into a one-line title. Parolee and home visit related, I guess?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:50 AM
  • 31 Replies

My DH's very good friend, who has been in prison for a few years for a non-sexual, non-violent, non-drug-related crime, is coming to live with us when he's released in a few months. A woman from the parole office (I forget what the actual office is called) is coming on Monday to make sure our house is cool for him to stay.

It's going to be company-clean, but I'm just not sure what else she's looking for. Our house is small, and we have no extra bedrooms, so we were going to clean out the laundry room this weekend (which is where we were planning to have him sleep). With the washer and dryer, it's going to be just big enough for a twin bed and maybe a dresser.

Will that count as 'having enough room for him'? I'm just a little worried. This is someone I've known well for 7 years and care about, and I just want this to work out.

*If you have no experience with this, please bump so others may see it.* Even bashing is okay :)

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1daughter6dogs
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Thank you

Quoting Sarina.c.c:

Bump

Mom2BudandGolly
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:00 AM

bump

..A5HL3Y..
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Bimpv
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..A5HL3Y..
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Or bump. Lol whichever works!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:02 AM
It should be considered enough room. It would be here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tdoubleday04
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM

It better be okay.  My house (rent) we it was 4 bedrooms and when we moved in we asked them to put washer dryer hook ups in one.. they did.  Another child later we put our daughter in there Plenty of room, and a closet for her crib and dressers.  Just have it cleaned up and don't leave laundry laying in there, that is what we do.

1daughter6dogs
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM

LOL

Quoting ..A5HL3Y..:

Or bump. Lol whichever works!

stacey0716
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:06 AM

It should be fine. As long as he has a place to stay, with good people it's not a big deal. They will probably show up unannounced a few times in the beginning as well, so be prepared for that.

1daughter6dogs
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Very good, thank you!

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

It should be considered enough room. It would be here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)