Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i call animal control?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM
  • 11 Replies
ive made posts before how my neighbors dog wont stop barking. Hes tied to a chain in the back and is out there 24/7. He looks so skinny and miserable.sometimes ill put sme of my dogs food out for him.it makes me so sad for him...well it made meeven more sad that they have a dog inside...now the inside dog is outsie 24/7 tied and tangle to a tree in the front yard. He looks sooo skinny...from what ive observed her new bf (creeeeepy looking guy) has a dog living inside now. The other day as i was putting my german shepard..hunter outside the neighbors bf asked if id sell my dog..that hed give me 200 for him...ha! I obviously said no way and he said well keep a good eye on him...i may take him from you..i hope he was joking but i dont wanna call animal control then they know its me and try to get me back by taking hunter(hes not a service dog but he protects my ds as hes special needs and his therapist suggested getting our dog as part of ds therapy) so what should i do???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:10 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:12 AM
If the animal isn't being taken care of you should call
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimommy1021
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Oh wow! I would call Animal Control on the neighbors. I think you can be anonymous to them so they wouldn't know. 

Laceymom08
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:13 AM
I agree

Quoting Justine1123:

If the animal isn't being taken care of you should call

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Crazy Chris on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:15 AM
YES you should call!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairy_fan
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:16 AM

One of my neighbors made a comment to me that "someone" would steal my dog if they had a chance because he is so cute and so smart.  Now when he is out on his chain, someone watches him at all times.  If I leave him out for more than enough time to do his business (he likes to lay in the sun on the patio) I make sure that I can see him and the door is open.  I don't trust people.  

As for calling animal control, I would call about the dogs being outside like they are but make no mention of what he said to you about stealing your dog.  That way there is nothing said that can identify you, only that someone called. 

usmchoney
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Quoting calimommy1021:

Oh wow! I would call Animal Control on the neighbors. I think you can be anonymous to them so they wouldn't know. 

My love, My light, My life

RedRozeMom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:17 AM
Call animal control...I've done it before...if the guy thinks the dog isn't being taken care of he will either take the dog or cite the owner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaysmommy04
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:19 AM

The way I look at it.. I would call the authorities if I saw them treat their children in a similar way.. so more than likely I would call animal control on them for that.

judybant
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:19 AM

I'd call and ask them to do a well check on the dogs that you say are skinny and tied to a tree 24/7. If that is truly the case, and they don't have adequate food, shelter and water available, then the dogs should be removed. I don't think I'd let my dog outside without me being out there WITH him though, The guy has told you that he'd take him. I'd go out with him. Every time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)