Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nesting,

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
i've been nesting for the past two days?
How many of you mamas nested before labour?
And how much before your baby came did you start?
did you even nest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Oliviyah
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:32 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TygerLily62
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:32 AM
I nested for about two weeks before my oldest was born, I don't remember nesting with my middle ddr, and I nested for over a month with my youngest but never went into labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:33 AM
I did for about a month before my daughter arrived.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hotmama83227
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:35 AM

i nested for about 3 weeks before. that was with all three kids

noelsbaybay
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:35 AM

When i was pregnant with my son I started nesting around 7 months. Lol and it was bad! I'm talkin down on hands and knees scrubbin nooks and crannies of the kitchen floor with a toothbrush! I'm about 16 weeks pregnant now and already caught the nesting bug but its more organization than deep cleaning so far

Oliviyah
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:00 AM
i have 5 weeks left
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetktn
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:14 AM

I went through "nesting" at least twice with each of my 3 boys. My third was the worst I think though lol the third time I went through nesting I woke up at 1:30 am after only 1 1/2 hours of sleep and couldn't go back to sleep I had such a horrible NEED to clean, and I mean, totally clean everything. I scrubbed floors, washd walls, scrubbed the stove and the whole bathroom lol the only things I could stop myself from doing was pulling out the stove and fridge and vacuuming. But I didn't go back to sleep, I couldn't... and I had an appointment 1 1/2 hours away from home that I had to be to by 11am. On the drive there I just felt weird so I called my nurseline to see if maybe I hurt myself with my stupidness or what she told me to go to the hospital I planned on delivering at and be checked out. Being I wasn't in pain and had just pulled up at my appointment I went in did my hour in there and left there at noon.

15 mins later I had a pretty good contraction and they were steady every 5-7 mins, I happened to be on the phone with my BF and told him to bring the baby stuff with him to work I thought maybe it was time (hadn't gone into labor on my own before) but I also thought maybe it was braxton hicks cuz I had to pee really bad. I stopped at a gas station and went but they continued all the way home. :) I called my BF's sis (she was taking my 2 boys when it was time for #3 to come) and warned her it might be time I would call her in a little while and let her know. Got home packed bags for us all had a meet and greet with DS#1's new PCA and about 5 pm I said, OK it's time for us to go. She was awesome lol helped me load the bags and kids in the car. Checked into the hospital at 9 pm about 10 mins after the first real uncomfortable contraction. At 9:15 I was at a 2 to maaaaybe 3 at 10:10pm I was at a 4 and about to punch someone from the pain (they were slow getting to my epidural) He was out at 10:21 pm...no epidural    So..moral of that long story lol don't push yourself too hard when you are nesting, do what you can to hold back cuz you could bring on labor. I was lucky I was just barely full term.

Oh and I just had my first round of nesting with this baby a couple nights ago lol I had to force myself to sit and take breaks, I'm only 25 weeks. :) My BF cussed me out pretty good when he found out I only slept 2 hours that night ... nice cussing tho lol not mean stressful kind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)