• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do You get a Break from your child/children?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:57 AM
  • 43 Replies

How long is the break? Who provides the Break?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurplePieguy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Only when I go grocery shopping and even then I take one of my big kids with me.

Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I never did.  The only time we used a babysitter was for our first child when I was in labor with our second.  When they were little, my mom was still alive and I would go to her house sometimes during the day to sleep a bit and she would watch them.  But that was it.

melissaAD1125
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Like once a year on my anniversary and always overnight and their 1 and 2 i could use a few more but everyone always has an excuse anytime we need a sittter

ballerina18
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM

I go to the gym 6 days a week for about 40 minutes so I get that break. Also, I can pretty much have a break when my SO is home from work, but I really never take a break.

Elayna90
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM
I go to work for 4 hrs a day, 2 days a week. My grandma keeps the kids then.
Other than that, sometimes my mom gets in the mood to take them for a night but it can be two weeks in a row or three to four months apart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairy_fan
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Every day.  While they're at school.  I am a SAHM with all of her kids in school.  Occasionally I even get a whole weekend without them if they stay with one of their grandparents/great-grandparents or older siblings.

bklaser
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:07 AM
Pretty much never. Actually yeah, never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoneBad31
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Almost weekly.

When I go out, I have my 15 year old watch the younger ones (they are 11 and 4). I pay him for it and I leave my cell phone at home with him in case of emergencies (I am almost always with my SO, and if I am not, all of my friends numbers are programmed in my phone and they always know who I am with).

I am never more than 5 miles away from my home either.  I could literally be home in less than 10 minutes if needed.

I also make sure to take the kids out about once a week also...I think it is only fair that if mommy gets to go out, the kids do too.

PinaiAngelPai15
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:07 AM
This is the first time I haven't had kids in three years, & my oldest is almost 3yo. They're visiting their grandparents & come back in a couple weeks & have been gone for nearly a month now. I miss them. Other than that one of them is ALWAYS with me. Lolz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:08 AM

a few times a week right now, basically whenever i want bc hubby is still home due to a work injury. i just go to my friend's house and hang out. i also work two part time jobs so that's kind of 'away time' too. 

when hubby was working it was maybe once every other week. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)