• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

humphreys teething pellets

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:00 AM
  • 10 Replies
Have you ever used them? I'm a little put off because its not fda approved... its a homeopathic treatment the ingredients are chamomile coffee seed belladonna and calcium phosphate... my daughter is a little over 2 months and teething (12 pounds) do you think its okay to use this? Also our doc told us no baby orajel because it could numb the throat will this do the same?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosesonecoolkat
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missmegan09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:05 AM

i actually give them to my son they help him out ALOT along with me lol hes been teething for about just as long and he is now 7 months i would just give her 1 under the tongue

fairy_fan
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Never used that brand but I have used Hylands which has the same thing in them.  Hylands recalled all of their Teething Tablets not too long ago due to something to do with the manufactoring process and uniformity of the dose but I used them all on 3 of my children, along with the bedwetting tablets, with no problems.  I also used them for my youngest grandchild last summer when he first started teething and I had him for a week while his parents were on vacation.

I would use them again and if need be, would possibly try this brand you're asking about if I could not get Hylands.

rosesonecoolkat
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:34 AM

My baby is only 2 months though which is why im a little worried about trying it, theres nothing on the package about age... Fairy fan do you know if the hylands tabs had an age chart on them? and would you recommend it for a child who is 2 months (12 pounds) Thanks ladies!

Quoting missmegan09:

i actually give them to my son they help him out ALOT along with me lol hes been teething for about just as long and he is now 7 months i would just give her 1 under the tongue

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:45 AM

I have used them for years and years. They worked for all of my grandkids and all of my kids. 

Here is the link to the site

http://www.humphreysusa.com/personal-teething.htm

rosesonecoolkat
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:47 AM

thank you!

Quoting Sassy762:

I have used them for years and years. They worked for all of my grandkids and all of my kids. 

Here is the link to the site

http://www.humphreysusa.com/personal-teething.htm

imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:00 AM

They are completely safe!  Unfortunately, they just didn't work for The Boy (neither did Orajel or anything else - EVERYTHING just made him scream louder and harder.)  I was totally bummed!!!

We didn't even try with The Younger because his teeth didn't start coming in till he was 7 months and a tiny bit of Orajel worked great for him.

CocoBeen
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:03 AM
I was so sad about that. Hylands worked so well for DD.

Quoting fairy_fan:

Never used that brand but I have used Hylands which has the same thing in them.  Hylands recalled all of their Teething Tablets not too long ago due to something to do with the manufactoring process and uniformity of the dose but I used them all on 3 of my children, along with the bedwetting tablets, with no problems.  I also used them for my youngest grandchild last summer when he first started teething and I had him for a week while his parents were on vacation.

I would use them again and if need be, would possibly try this brand you're asking about if I could not get Hylands.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.stella.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:05 AM
I use Hylands for my kiddos. work like a charm! they were recalled for not having childproof lids, I believe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:43 AM

Gentle Naturals teething drops is all i have to say........ Belladonna is used for poison as well I think.   I cant remember the brand but the teething tablets have been recalled several times.   To my knowledge the teething drops we used were safe and never recalled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)