Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

See my new tattoo *UPDATE* Back from Dr

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM
  • 20 Replies

This is what it looked like the day after i got it on Sunday, May 29th ......And this is what it looks like now! YUCK!!! and it hurts like hell now. This is my 4th tattoo and I've never had one hurt this much or for this long. Any advise ladies?

*UPDATE*  The tattoo was infected. EWWW!!! The Doc got onto me for not coming in sooner, but I'm on two antibiotics so it should start getting better soon. Now I'm wondering if i should call the shop to let them know about the infection? And should I let the same lady work on me again when I have it fixed after it heals?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nickynova
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:13 AM
A lot of your ink came out have you been scratching it ? Do not pick any scabs an do not keep it to moist it still needs to breath an with to much ointment on it it can't . The pain is strange an really shouldnt happen unless it's infected dose it hurt bad or is it just tender ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:19 AM

When I had pink done on mine it started to look like the pink was seeping out and I was so afraid I would have to go back and have it redone.  But you know what?  After about two weeks, and a bit of peeling (geeze, I thought it was going to peel forever!) - PRESTO!  Everything was perfect!  I don't know what was going on with it, but once everything had completely healed, it was 100% exactly the way it was supposed to be.  Give it a little time?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Here's mine, now:

(except the colors aren't actually that bright - that's just how they turned out in the picture, but IRL, they look more subdued than that.)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Hollyann126
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:21 AM

That's a beautiful tattoo by the way!I love the hope one too!

GoneBad31
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Yeah, don't put any ointment on it, just lotion, Aveeno or something unscented and plain.

I had one on the back of my neck done with my kids' initials on it and it hurt worse than ALL FIVE of mine put together! But, like a PP said, once it all healed up, it looked great!

jlb0418
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:26 AM
What kind of ointment are you putting on it? do not use niosorin (sp?) let it air out too. the best thing i found to put on mine was bacitration! it worked wonders! otherwise idk? good luck! it is a very pretty tattoo though i hope it heals right and looks like it should.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:27 AM

Thanks!  I designed it.  :)  I wanted to work the pink ribbon into the word, and the flowers are almond blossoms - the symbol of eternal hope.

Quoting Hollyann126:

That's a beautiful tattoo by the way!I love the hope one too!

jspencer1014
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:27 AM

I haven't been scratching or picking at it. If I don't keep the ointment on it, it REALLY hurts! The lady that did it said to keep the antibiotic ointment on it until it wasn't red and painful anymore. This thing bled for 2 damn days and I have Never had that happen before. As far as the pain goes, it hurts REALLY REALLY bad. Not just sore. My hubby had a whole lot more work done than I did on the sane day and his looks awesome. He has no more redness or pain. Mine is still very red and swollen. I'm worried about infection, too. and thanks for responding!

Quoting nickynova:

A lot of your ink came out have you been scratching it ? Do not pick any scabs an do not keep it to moist it still needs to breath an with to much ointment on it it can't . The pain is strange an really shouldnt happen unless it's infected dose it hurt bad or is it just tender ?

HouseKatof2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:29 AM

Quoting jspencer1014:

This is what it looked like the day after i got it on Sunday, May 29th ......And this is what it looks like now! YUCK!!! and it hurts like hell now. This is my 4th tattoo and I've never had one hurt this much or for this long. Any advise ladies?

What is the brownish dot under the tattoo in the second picture? At first I thought it was a freckle or mole, but you don't have it in the first picture. 

The pink in my rose looked like it ran, bleed, or faded while it was healing but once it was all healed it look really great. 

Does it hurt a lot? Is it hot to the touch? Any swelling? If any of these apply it might be infected. My brother-in-law's wife just had some work done & she ended up all messed up with swelling, redness & a lot of pain. She ended up having an allergic reaction to the dye used & it led to an infection. 

Good luck momma - I hope everything turns out all right! 

"It is in our obligation to endure that we achieve the right to know."
~My Dad   

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" 
~Fredrick Douglass

jspencer1014
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:31 AM

Wow! Yours looks awesome! I hope time will do it's thing for mine! I am going crazy with this thing! Thanks For the support!

Quoting imafuswb:

When I had pink done on mine it started to look like the pink was seeping out and I was so afraid I would have to go back and have it redone.  But you know what?  After about two weeks, and a bit of peeling (geeze, I thought it was going to peel forever!) - PRESTO!  Everything was perfect!  I don't know what was going on with it, but once everything had completely healed, it was 100% exactly the way it was supposed to be.  Give it a little time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)