• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shes having a baby shower for her new dog

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 AM
  • 100 Replies
My friend is having a baby shower tomorrow and is pissed one of her good friends is also having a baby shower. But her friend isn't having a baby next week...they are having their new puppy shipped from Texas. They even registered at Target and Wal-mart, and from the looks of it they haven't bought anything for the dog yet. They also put on the invite that "vet visit donations are appreciated, as our little Sadie was an expensive pup and we only want the best for her".

WTF ???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TygerLily62
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:29 AM
Omg...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
triforcechick
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:30 AM
Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joylynn77
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Some people have babies, some people have dogs...

annie82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:31 AM

you have to be kidding.....no really are they for real!!!!!!!!

sabbycat69
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Lol well this is the very first time I ever head of someone having a shower for their pet. But I know personally that pets can become a very important member of the family. And if they want to have a shower and if people will go to it, then I say good for them:)

AimBre
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:32 AM

I had a "puppy" shower too, did I plan it no, did I think it was crazy yes. But my friend really wanted to throw one for some reason so she did. A few friends brought things but I made sure she told every one no gifts. We just cooked out and everyone got to meet the puppy.

ShannyLouisiany
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:32 AM

bizarre.

jollymommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:34 AM

lol.  wow. are they joking?

Cheeks09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:34 AM

wow LOL.. i love my dogs..they kinda are like the family babies.. well i thought so till i read this... we NEVER did any thing like this or ever would lol.. silly!!

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:34 AM
Well that makes more sense, but they won't have the dog until after the shower

Quoting AimBre:

I had a "puppy" shower too, did I plan it no, did I think it was crazy yes. But my friend really wanted to throw one for some reason so she did. A few friends brought things but I made sure she told every one no gifts. We just cooked out and everyone got to meet the puppy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)