• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help ladies im living in hell

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:03 AM
  • 12 Replies
About a yr ago we discovered small roaches in the bathroom. i ran out and got raid, thinking since i barely saw them there couldnt be alot. didnt see anymore for a while. then we saw some in the kitchen and bathroom. i called my landlord who then came and sprayed some shit he said would deff get rid of them. nothing! i would spray raid every day in hopes that they would be gone. the landlord came out again and sprayed again, still didnt get rid of them. i bought foggers and we did it last week. there are still fucken roaches. they are in the kitchen and bathroom and i just want to set my appt on fire to kill them all. help me please ladies. i am due in two weeks and we have tried everything we can think of. i cant afford to hire an exterminator and the landlord refuses to. these monsters came out when one of the neighbors moved out. we cant afford to move out right now and im at my wits end. i am doing everything i can and i am not sure how strong of a poison i can go since dd is allergic to pesticides. HELP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinaiAngelPai15
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:08 AM
We had that problem in an apartment we were living in. The landlord should take care of that for you. & if you're living in an apartment, all of the connecting apartments are going to need sprayed, not just yours. They can move through the walls & go from apartment to apartment & never leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della03
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:12 AM
Call the health dept on ur landlord and tell them ur pregnant and ur landlord is refusing to send Nd exterminator out and ur about to deliver and it's a health issue. Roaches do carry diseases. Or I can call the Better Business Bureau I believe. The landlord is responsible for these actions. I hope they are taken care of immediately Nd congratulations and good luck on ur new addition so your family!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadeyez11
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:16 AM
Thanks ladies i am deff calling him monday morning and demanding he do something about it. im going to ask that he spray the other appts as well. im so tired of living like this. i feel dirty even though we are not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShellGardner
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:20 AM
I had a long reply and it error messaged. Long story short I was in your sit when pregnant with my first I told the landlord that roaches kill infants and I would be forced to move if he didnt hire someone I gave him the name of a company he didn't do anything for a month I went back in and told him I am saving my rent to move since we still had roaches. He had an appointment made that day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:55 AM
Idk but good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Earth_Mama90
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:58 AM
Bomb the house. Is there a place you can stay a couple days? Roaches never die!!!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristen1010
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM
It shouldn't be more than $25-$30 a month for a professional exterminator till they are under control then they will come every 6-8 weeks. Tell the landlord if he doesn't pay for it you are going to the health department.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
naumann24
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Roaches are one of the things that never die no matter what you do. Your landlord should take care of it. I wish you well gettin those out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:34 AM

The whole apartment complex needs exterminated... not just yours.

marriedmomma3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:35 AM
This

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

The whole apartment complex needs exterminated... not just yours.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)