Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amber teething necklaces

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:19 AM
  • 14 Replies

Did any of your little ones use one and for how long?

Ds is going to be 14 months on the 20th and has only 4 teeth. I have considered it. I won't use orajel. Right now I use the teething rings or occasionally the mesh feeder with frozen fruit.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjones0461
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:21 AM
I was always afraid they would break and my dd would choke on the amber.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della03
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:21 AM
Ds will be 6months on the 11th and we just got ours this week so I don't know how well it works yet. So far it seems to help. He hasn't been as fussy or drooling. He does still however chew on his hands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della03
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:22 AM
They have knots in between the amber they don't come off

Quoting jjones0461:

I was always afraid they would break and my dd would choke on the amber.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:46 AM
My LO has been wearing one for months. A new tooth came and we didn't notice because there was no fussiness. I think they work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:50 AM
Bump...I would like to know too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:51 AM

Are they suppose to actually teeth on them or just wear them? Just wondering because Ive seen ones that fit perfectly around their necks then other ones that are very long.

epoh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:51 AM
My son wears one :) he's got no teeth yet. He's 11 mos so I'm sure they'll come in at some point. . . I hope. . . Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofblueyes
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:53 AM

DD has 2 necklaces, and 2 bracelets.  We won't use orajel either, but we do have some Hylands teething gel.  I guess we will use them until she does not need them anymore!  ;)

epoh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:53 AM
They're not meant to be chewed on. The parents should keep them short, because anything long is a strangulation hazard. They're also individually knotted so if it breaks, only one piece comes off.

I've only caught my son playing with his once or twice.

Quoting Starleet:

Are they suppose to actually teeth on them or just wear them? Just wondering because Ive seen ones that fit perfectly around their necks then other ones that are very long.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofblueyes
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:54 AM

Just wear them!  The amber releases natural oils that help with teething pain....or something like that, lol!  

Quoting Starleet:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)