• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My workplace has fleas

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM
  • 4 Replies

I work in a home with mentally handicapped adults and there have been some new employees hired recently that have brought their dogs in to visit the women that live here. Umm...there are hella fleas in the house. I am ate up and I know what flea bites look and feel like because we had them in our old house last year before we moved. I counted over 30 bites on me. I know it's not coming from my home because I was off work for a few days and no more bites, come back to work and a ton more bites. I tried to tell my supervisor and she refuses to believe that there are fleas in here. The women that live here have even said they are getting bit and have bites all over them. How can I solve this without stepping my boundaries and getting in trouble with my supervisor?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sam12796
by Sandy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Can some of the women call and complain? Take pictures to show her. Have her come down and see for herself? Sounds awful to have to live and work like that. I guess you can call her supervisor if nothing is done or one of the womens family? Good luck!

Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:02 AM
I agree with this or set out something white on the floor in the room you get bit the most you'll be able to see them on it take pics and show her or go to doctor and get a note saying fleas etc that's a toughy anyone over her

Quoting sam12796:

Can some of the women call and complain? Take pictures to show her. Have her come down and see for herself? Sounds awful to have to live and work like that. I guess you can call her supervisor if nothing is done or one of the womens family? Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toybar02
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:11 AM
You're gonna have to go over her head, its a shame you have to work in an environment like that and you tried to do the right thing by telling your supervisor so I would get some proof go to her boss say this is what the problem is and let her boss know your complaints went ignored and could be a lawsuit especially if someone gets sick or contracts something from those nasty fleas good luck mama
CoffeeK9
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:13 AM
Why are people bringing pets into someone elses house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)