• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ladies ever had an experience like this. I have a doctor appointment Monday morning. I am a little worried. piog UPDATE

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM
  • 10 Replies

I haven't had very good luck with my health over the past several years. I vomited on a daily basis for seven years before doctors finally figured out that it was gluten making me sick. I had a long list of other symptoms too. I went gluten free and felt much better. Most of the symptoms disappeared. A few weeks ago, I started having spells where I felt as though I was going to pass out. My vision would blur, everyone would sound like they were talking through a tunnel. I thought that maybe it was that I was getting hidden gluten somewhere.

Anyway, over the past week, it has happened three times but now when it happens, the right half of my face gets tingly and a little numb.  It only lasts for a short time, and then goes away. My right arm has been hurting and occasionally, my right leg gets heavy. My right hand is weak. I have also had sharp pains on the inside of my shoulder blade, next to my spine.

Some of these symptoms are like when I had a ruptured disc in my neck. I had a discectomy and have a plate in my neck now. I am wondering if maybe it is another disc that is pinching something.

Any feelings on this or experiences? Mini strokes keep coming up when I look up symptoms. That scares the hell out of me. :0(

Update

I saw the doctor yesterday. My blood pressure was good, ekg was good. I am going later this month for an ultrasound of the arteries in my neck, my heart, and a holtor monitor. I am doubtful that this has anything to do with my heart. I was hoping that he would do an MRI of my neck. My arm is so weak, I could barely write a check. Pretty difficult to make jewelry with no grasp. Thanks ladies for sharing your experiences.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SThompson21
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:01 AM

the dizzy makes me think blood sugar or blood pressure. the tingling/numbness could be your back needs to be aligned. a trip to the chiropracter should fix your back. good luck and stop googling before you scare yourself to death!  :)

Jynnifer292
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Quoting SThompson21:

the dizzy makes me think blood sugar or blood pressure. the tingling/numbness could be your back needs to be aligned. a trip to the chiropracter should fix your back. good luck and stop googling before you scare yourself to death!  :)

Actually though, the disc in my neck was pressing heavily on my spinal cord. Manipulating would just have made it worse. I want to know what is wrong before I get any kind of treatment. KWIM? My blood sugar and blood pressure have always been perfect. It has been a while since it was checked though. It could be. Thanks

SThompson21
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:09 AM

yeah i understand. im bad about googling and scaring myself LOL. sorry i cant be more help. good luck at your appt  :)

Jynnifer292
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Quoting SThompson21:

yeah i understand. im bad about googling and scaring myself LOL. sorry i cant be more help. good luck at your appt  :)

Lol, yeah, Google can be a terrible thing. Thanks

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:12 AM

sounds like a mini stroke to me. i would go to the dr.

ginabear1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Quoting LoveMyLos:

sounds like a mini stroke to me. i would go to the dr.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toybar02
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:16 AM
I'm sorry but that's the first thing that came to my mind when I heard your symptoms it does sound like mini strokes I know its scary but I'm glad you have an appointment monday so hopefully they can help you relieve your symptoms
beerebelly
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Yeah stop using google!  lol  Have you had a mri?  Mt MIL had sympotoms for a while and she did an mri and it gave her a diagnosis.

calcalmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:05 AM
I haven't experienced this, the first thought in my head was stroke. I hope I am wrong. I hope the doctors appointment gives you answers quickly.
Jynnifer292
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 9:01 AM

bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)