• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Can't Be Legal..Right? Driving Related

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:05 AM
  • 11 Replies

Yesterday at work I sold 2 very large items. With both customers the item did not fit into their trunk of their car. It only partially fit.

Both customers loaded the item into their trunks with the item sticking out of their trunk, and their trunk door open. They both drove off like that. These were 2 seperate customers at different times.

It can't be legal to drive with your trunk open and something sticking out right? lol they were both heavy items so I don't think they would fall out..but IDK how these people could see with their trunk open. I don't drive but I didn't think that was legal.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xCottonCandyx
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:06 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:07 AM
It's legal if you put an orange flag on the item and tie the trunk down.
ibebreezy

you're supposed to hang something bright off of then end to alert other drivers to the legnth... but  yeah it's legal

Kaelaasmom
Were they tied down? They also should have attached a flag to the items, and they would be completely legal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:08 AM
I think it is? As long as it doesnt fall out I'd wanna tie my trunk down but as long as it didn't fly out no biggie. I've loaded things in peoples cars and had it sticking out the window.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Neither of them tied the trunk down..I guess they could have put a flag on it after they drove away but I helped both of the customers load the items and they both drove off with me there and didn't secure the trunk or put a flag on the item.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

It's legal if you put an orange flag on the item and tie the trunk down.

troll.mom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:33 AM

completely legal with or without a flag or tying down the trunk

KandiceN
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Pretty sure that's legal.  I've seen people pull out of best buy with huge tvs hanging out of their trunks and the cops are sitting right there, never say a word.

momma-flynn
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:04 AM
That's what I think too. You need the flag if it sticks out past a certain distance.

Quoting troll.mom:

completely legal with or without a flag or tying down the trunk

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)