• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another f'd up SO!!! Help! *final update in blue!*

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:08 AM
  • 414 Replies

Alright I feel like I've been posting so much shit about my SO recently.  Idk what his deal has been lately.  So here's the deal.  He went out last night with a buddy for his buddies 21st birthday that was a couple days ago.  It was the two of them a girl from work and her friend.  I trust my SO, we don't normally have any problems like this.  He did do this when we first started dating once or twice but not since then.  Ok, so he went out last night, I told him to text me and keeo me updated what time he'd be home and what was going on.  We had already had a convo that he shouldn't be out getting drunk because I'm so close to my due date and we've had a few issues and I may need him to come home.  He agreed and said he would make sure he could come home at any time if I called.  Well la di fricken da, it's now past 7 in the morning and look who's not home! Not a single text last night/this morning and I have no idea where he is or when he's coming home! What the hell is wrong with him!  Am I just overreacting?? Is this normal behavior?? Because I don't like this at all!

Alright ladies! Thanks for all keeping it bumped and patiently waiting for an update! I wasn't worried that he was in jail or in a hospital because I knew what time he worked and there were 2 phone calls in the middle of his shift from his work phone.  I just wanted him to either leave a vm or try talking to me in person, not me have to sit there and call him back while he's at work with this nonsense.  So anyways, we talked, a very very long talk.  And heres how it went.

He walked through the dorr at like 645 right on time, I told him he could either sit his ass down and tell me the whole truth the first time or pack his shit and get out.  He looked a little surprised and said he wanted to tell me the truth.  So the truth was that him and his buddy stayed out a little too late.  They had both driven down to milwaukee and his buddy was still pretty drunk when they got done drinking.  So they were going to wait it out for a bit in a park and ride til he felt ok to drive otherwise my SO would have to drive him home which is really far from where we live and then go pick him up in the morning to get his car.  While they were sitting there they fell asleep, woke up at 7am when he texted me he was on his way home from his friends phone because he lost his phone.  (He actually did lose it because he already went to the store and ordered a new one that is coming today) He showed up at home shortly after I had left with my stuff.  He said he came by my work when I was supposed to be there (which I was) and some stupid guy in front told him I called in sick.  So he called the hospital to see if I was there, they couldn't tell him anything so he went to the hospital to make sure I wasnt there in l and d.  I wasn't there, so he went to work and called me from there, which I didn't answer because I was at work. 

So in his stupid mind he assumes I'm trying to avoid him and that I'm mad.  So he says he went to work both days, came home before and after each time to see if I was home.  So what it boiled down to was that he made a mistake.  First off by not texting me what was going on while he was out, then losing his phone.  I told him that in no way is that responsible for a soon to be father or acceptable behavior towards me whatsoever.  He was very upset that I was so upset by it.  He was honestly shocked that I would think he is cheating on me and kept reassuring me that he would never could never and didnt do anything like that.  I know him and I know when he is lieing and when he's not and he was telling the truth.  o we talked a bunch more about how he won't be going out for a VERY long time, and all the stress he put me through.  He felt horrible, and definitely did a great deal of apologizing. 

So I know alot of you ladies are going to think I'm stupid for believing him, but like I said in my original post, he has NEVER done this before.  It was way uncharacteristic of him.  I think our talk was good, and I believe what he told me, he is a horrible liar so I can tell when he's lieing.  Thanks for all the support and bumps and well wishes.  I'll keep checking and chatting with you ladies throughout the day. 

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:11 AM

forget that shit - that is so rude esp if you are preg and can have the baby HIS baby any min...i would go out for the day....and wouldn't answer his phone calls!

ginabear1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:11 AM
I would be pissed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daytripn
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Im sorry

kthruz143
by Kerrie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:12 AM

definately not normal, ans your not overreating

alli1204
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:13 AM

I'd be pissed!  I would also be worried that something is wrong and that's why I haven't heard from him.  GL and keep us posted

ibebreezy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:13 AM

when he came home i wouldn't be there lol i'd come back but i'd be gone for a day or two with no contact.

that's just fucked up and irresponsible to me

lindzgayle
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Ditto above. And lock the door. If that can't keep him out for awhile, leave and don't tell him where you're going.

Kodysmommy928
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:14 AM
He went out on a double date and never came home. The locks would be changed when he got home.
LoveMyLos

i would leave....sorry, but hes with somebody!

mommas3cubs

The only thing I can think of is maybe he forgot he was going to text you? The whole staying out till 7 in the morning is a douche bag move. If my husband was going to be out all night he would at least have the courtesy of calling me. Sorry you are going through this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)