Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my friend doesnt like my husband..edited to add

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:26 AM
  • 14 Replies

i see this comment made or sometimes its the other way around with the husband's friend not liking the wife. My question is...why would you have a friend that doesn't like your life partner? to me it would seem pretty counterproductive for your relationship with your mate if this other person openly dislikes the one you have chosen to be with and raise a family with. What do you think about having a friend that doesn't like your SO?

*** i guess i should add that i mean having a friend who openly dislikes your SO. not liking them and being quite on the situation is one thing..i think we all have thought at one time or another we aren't crazy about a particular wife or husband of a friend of ours. but I'm talking about the ones whose friends openly say things about their partners***

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calcalmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:29 AM
I prolly wouldn't be friends with them, but I currently don't have that problem.
randi1978
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Often times, friends and family see what you cannot.  I learned a long time ago that when friends and fam do not like your SO, they have GOOD REASON for their dislike.

And sometimes, when it's a husband that doesn't like your friends, it's his effort to put a wedge between you and your friends because he's an insecure douche-bag who's attempting to isolate you for reasons of control and ownership.

Kodysmommy928
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:30 AM
We would no longer be friends. Ab true friend would never tell you the dislike your so.
exceptalilfish
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Quoting randi1978:

Often times, friends and family see what you cannot.  I learned a long time ago that when friends and fam do not like your SO, they have GOOD REASON for their dislike.

And sometimes, when it's a husband that doesn't like your friends, it's his effort to put a wedge between you and your friends because he's an insecure douche-bag who's attempting to isolate you for reasons of control and ownership.

benjamink
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:35 AM
I can't stand my best friends hubby. I really really really intensly dislike him. But I would never let her know that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:35 AM
My dh doesn't like our friend's wife. But most of us don't like her. There's a reason for it. There's usually a reason for dislike or it's a jealousy thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto4girzls
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I have had friends & family that have talked bad about my dh and been rude to him & told me they didn't like him, he is a great guy and just about everybody in our small town knows him and likes him, so thoise friends and family are no longer a part of my life, and he has had some friends talk about me to so they no longer are his friends either.  I wouldn;t be friends with someone who had a problem with my dh cause most likely they would only be trouble and I don't need that.

xxxAthena
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM

don't you think that could be the other way around too? couldn't your husband see something you don't and your friend be trying to put a wedge in between you? if you have been friends for a while and then a new guy pops up and you are spending more time with them it could easily be said that your friend doesn't like him because he/she is jealous of the lack of attention.

how would you deal with one of your friends talking about your now SO? I'm not bashing (sometimes things can be taken badly over the Internet lol) I'm just curious ;) I know i would be insulted if someone that was my 'friend' bad talked my husband...it would feel disrespectful to me unless there was concrete evidence of why they were saying it.

Quoting randi1978:

iwanabemomie
In my case my dh gave my friends and family many reasons not to like him.he tried to be the controlling type and showed his true colors to my friends and family.hes no longer that way but no one associated to wants to be around him.will i cut them off? No he brought that on himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysweetmelissa
That's one reason I'm not friends with a neighbor of mine. I feel her husband is a dangerous child and so he is not welcome around my family. While I hated to lose the friendship, her husband is her partner and there is a great deal of loyalty there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)