• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms with girls going through puberty

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:48 AM
  • 4 Replies

My 9yo started puberty at age 8. It started with the acne, oily skin, etc. She still hasn't started her period yet (thank God) but she has started the hormonal changes (started about 8 months ago) and I'm about at my wit's end. Everything I say to her turns into a fight. She argues against everything, is extremely moody and irritable, and is extremely whiny. I don't know what to do anymore. I am to the point I really don't want to be around her because all we do is fight. She used to be such a sweet girl who never talked back and did everything I asked her to, now she's the complete opposite. She's at her worst in the morning which puts me in a bad mood right off the bat. But she is still this way all day long. If anyone has been through this with their girls please give me some advice. I'm about to take her into her pediatrician and see if she can tell me anything.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
anfisasmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I am not a mom of a daughter in puberty, but I went through mine and got my period at 9 i'm sure it is hard hang in there, the hormonal changes could also be fear of whats happening also!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:51 AM

here is a BUMP for replies

..................................................................................

Come join me at Serious Coupon Swappers.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

And also at The Park Bench!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/111698

anna_mccall
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Thanks
LoganAndKennedy
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Quoting aneela:

here is a BUMP for replies

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)