Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your SO's friends like you? Spin off

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM
  • 13 Replies

I was reading another post, and was wondering if all of your SO's friends like you? Some of my husband's friends don't like me (up to, and including, his mother), but it has never bothered me? Some of the responses stated that it would not be OK. Why would this bother you? Or, why not?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilyrose73
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Yes, I like all of DH's friends. He doesn't hang out with douche bags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM

I was friends with his friends before I ever met him. He had heard about me, but we did not meet for about five years after I met the rest of the group..

Jenniejen77
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:55 AM

My dh and I have mostly mutual friends since we went to college together. The friends he has made at work like me. His family loves me. *shrug* They don't have any reason to dislike me.

lilyrose73
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:56 AM
What is the reason none of them like you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenpen426
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:56 AM

apparently no all my my DH"s friendsdon't like me, or so he likes to tell me, which is fine.  My friends don't particularly care for him 100% either.

sarah824
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I get along with all of SO's friends. We camp together, we tailgate for football games together, we have bbq's. I'd like to think that after almost 9 years they are MY friends too, not just his. 

echoishername
by Misty on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I didn't say none, just some :) And, honestly, I believe it is because I have a very aggressive personality. I am the type of person you either love... or hate...

Quoting lilyrose73:

What is the reason none of them like you?

MadJack607
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:58 AM
All of my so's friends like me. On many occasions I have been told they were glad he got rid of his ex and found me. The only people that don't like me is his ex and his mother. But no skin off my back my life does not revolve around people that don't matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyvamp5489
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:59 AM

MY DH's friends are my friends too, we dont  really have friends on our own lol. IDKW  but it works for us.

xxxAthena
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:59 AM

none of his friends have ever said they don't like me. on the contrary many of them have said to my face ' ya know what i like your wife she's cool'. my problem..and the reasoning for my post...was because i find it disrespectful that on one hand someone calls themselves your friend while on the other are openly telling you they don't like your husband or wife and talking about why. it is disrespectful to me and unless its because they have been cheating or beating you then it really shouldn't be discussed. if someone said 'i don't like your husband he is rude and loud and annoying' then i would be offended that they just called my husband all those things. he is one of the most important people in my life..think it all you want to but don't verbally down my partner because you have issues with him. it wont change anything between me and him but it will change how i conduct our relationship as friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)