Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Used Shirt Is Not Worth 10 Dollars

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:20 AM
  • 27 Replies

Seriously. IDK what people are thinking these days.  I went to a few garage sales today. One lady had shirts and shorts. She wanted 5 and 10 dollars for them. They weren't even name brand, just off brand shirts.  At another garage sale a different lady wanted the same for her shirts and shorts!!  And this guy was selling antique toys, he wanted 70 dollars for a little antique toy rocking horse thing. I get it's antique but I am not paying 70 dollars for it.

IDK if people think they have gold or what. But used clothes are not worth that much. At least I was able to find a ton of cars for my son. I found some Cars cars for 25 cents each, those are like 5 bucks each at the store.  I know the economy is bad atm but still..you won't sell some used ass shirts and shorts, especially not name brand, for 5 and 10 bucks a piece.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
el_dj_mom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:23 AM

wow..we mark almost all clothes at about $1.00 (almost all kids clothes) and a ton of them are Carters..i would NEVER pay that much for clothes at a garage sale

babyfat5
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:24 AM

OMG that is funny considering if you catch a good sale at JCP or Old Navy or someplace like that you can get the stuff for less than $5. I've gotten pants for $2 at old navy and a shirt one time at JCP for 98cents. Love those clearance racks!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:28 AM

we went to a garage sale once and they had old army trucks that looked like it had been in a war (dog chewed and broken) and since our middle son loves army men we asked how much for it all he wanted 60 bucks for the damned things....we left a few minutes later

halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:32 AM
I went to a sale the other day. The lady had a girl (a year) and a boy (4). She had all there onsies 10cents a piece. Outfits were 25 cents. I cleaned up.

I would never pay more then a buck per item for used clothing. Maybe at consignment but not garage sale
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM
I know right I look on craigslist a lot and the price people want u to pay is crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:35 AM
I am very cheap when I go to garage sales. And I price very cheap it's out there bc I want it gone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Exactly. There is this one lady, she has a garage sale once a week, she's been doing it for 2 years now. And some of the stuff has been sitting there for 2 years because she wants way too much for it. I see it week after week because no one is willing to pay her prices. I mean 5 bucks for a used toy truck? 4 dollars for a boy's shirt my son will outgrow in a month? No thanks.

Quoting Justine1123:

I am very cheap when I go to garage sales. And I price very cheap it's out there bc I want it gone!

candy79556
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:39 AM
my mama always told us unless you wanna be takin all this junk back home with you then you better price it where someone will want to buy it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Whenever my son gets over his I-love-cars phase (IF he does lol) I swear I am going to have a garage sale and price all his matchbox and hot wheels cars for 10 cents each LOL

cryssi_renee
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:45 AM

I've never put more than $2 on a shirt.  When I have a yard sale I'm trying to get rid of stuff, any money I get is just an added bonus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)