Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever had a polyp in their mouth? What did it mean? Was it cancer?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:24 AM
  • 3 Replies

So I noticed this thing to the left of my uvula on my soft palate this week, went to my Doctor and told her I was convinced that I had throat cancer, she took a look at it and said "it's a polyp, sometimes you get them from irritation" She said to keep an eye on it and we'll look at it again next time I am in her office.  This just didn't seem like the best explanation to me and surely didn't put my mind at ease. 

Just wondering if anybody else has ever had them and if so, did they go away or what happened?

Think on Monday I'll be calling to see an ENT just to make me feel better.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mom2ljh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Get a second opinion to ease your mind, but there are lots of things which could cause it and are not cancer. I've had a few come and go those year, along with throat infections. No biggie, they just cleared as the infection cleared up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyMommie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:28 AM

You mean you have had polyps that have come and gone?  I have had a terrible sinus infection, but have been acquiring the infection to the polyp, not the other way around. 

mom2ljh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM
I've had these sore spots on the roof of my moth, around my uvula; not sure of polyp is the right word. I didn't have them looked at because they came on overnight, advil helped with the soreness, and they went away in about a week. I think I had 3 or 4 this winter.

Quoting LuckyMommie:

You mean you have had polyps that have come and gone?  I have had a terrible sinus infection, but have been acquiring the infection to the polyp, not the other way around. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)