Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is the mom right in this situation?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM
  • 27 Replies

My friend is getting married next week.  His ex wife does not like the girlfriend; so his son can not go to the wedding.  His ex said the father have no say in their son life.  he pay child support and see the son every other weekend.  I feel so bad for my friend.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
summertymelove2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:33 AM

well I would say they need to get married on a weekend where it is his weekend so that way his son could be there since his ex is being a bitch.

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM

i wouldve made the wedding for the weekend he had the kid. she can't say if he can go or not then.

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Sounds like the Ex wife has some jealous issues and is punishing her EX husband by now letting "their" child go to his wedding.

I say your friend needs to take her to court to fix this problem. She shouldn't be allowed to hold visitaion based on the fact she simple does not like the new wife.

wedding countdown

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Yeah. that's pretty bitchy and wrong.

TheatreMom97
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:45 AM
Sounds like the mom is jealous. The boy should be able to be there for such a significant moment in his Dad's life. Mom is hurting her son by using him to punish the dad for falling in love with someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
km1970
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:46 AM

she's wrong..I hate when women think they have the right to control these dads.  It makes them look bitter and shallow. Plus, it does nothing but cause problems for the children. Sounds like she needs to back off and quit being a bi#ch.

AngeLnChainZ
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:46 AM

As the others have said I would have planned the wedding the weekend that the father has the child. The mother can't contest that.

jkleinman
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM
The mom is wrong and selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kenzelb
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM
the mom is very wrong. unless someone is putting the child in danger or something serious the mother has no right to say who the father takes his kids around.
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Crazy Chris on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Quoting summertymelove2:

well I would say they need to get married on a weekend where it is his weekend so that way his son could be there since his ex is being a bitch.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)