• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok I'll play. What comes to mind when you think of Virginia?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:42 AM
  • 23 Replies
What are the assumptions about VA?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Home

caito
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Lol honestly?

I think of it as the boring hat of my state (NC).

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:51 AM

that's one state I have no desire to return to. My sister lived there and I spent two weeks with her. I was glad to leave. People were incredibly rude.

mom2ljh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Wow, were you in Northern VA? Usually I hear quite the opposite. Most people around me are very polite, and at the minimum, indifferent. There are rude ppl everywhere, but I don't notice any overwhelming number of them, lol.

Quoting sherry132:

that's one state I have no desire to return to. My sister lived there and I spent two weeks with her. I was glad to leave. People were incredibly rude.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmacmama20
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Honestly all I can think of is that slogan Virginia is for lovers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaylahmicah
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Terrible drivers...if i didnt get my dl in va i would think they got their out a happy meal, home, my parents, my high school and potomac mills my fav mall
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-NatureChild-
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Terrible drivers, strict ass cops and my 2 friends that are from there and yorktown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Shelley-
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Thomas Jefferson.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheermom1108
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Vagina's... mainly because I'm always worried I'm going to spell Virginia like Vagina's. 

creationary
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:01 PM

For some reason when I read the title, my first thought was "vagina."  I have heard people refer to their vaginas and virginias.  I also like the song "Meet Virginia."  But as for the actual state, LOL, I really don't have any idea what it's like there.  I lived in West Virginia for a year when I was a kid.  I know it is known as having very poor education and being very redneck.  They were at least a year or two behind the school work I was doing in Illinois when I went there, but maybe it was just the particular school I went to.

But while you always hear people talk bad about West Virginia, you never really hear trash talk about Virginia, so I would think it is probably a little nicer.

Anyway, I honestly don't know anything about that state but think it is probably a middle to middle-upper class state for the most part.  I may be way off though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)